Object Loader Clarification

I am trying to get clarification on how to launch the object loader. I have followed every tutorial on this site and have searched for videos of which there are none…I want to load XML files, IE a custom stunt map from 5Mods, and need a good explanation on how to make that happen as the only file that comes with the download is an XML file. I know you have to create a resource folder, but need clarification on how to do that as well…essentially a top to bottom on how to get a downloaded stunt map or any other xml file into my server via object loader and how to use it. I would also like to know what object teleporter is and how to use that as well…Thank you in advance, and I can assure you that I searched high and low for an answer myself before finally deciding to throw in the towel, at 5 AM…

I would also like to know how to spawn to the map/stunt map location using the teleport I Think, and how to load things in with object loader if that is a trainer as I am also confused if that is just like a program to run it into the server using the server.cfg or whatnot/ Thanks again.

I used Stunt-Chiliad as a test and this is the XML file…I didn’t change anything if I needed to…

https://pastebin.com/K55Af85E

And here is the LUA file, I copied from an example and changed the map name to “map” as I have seen in tutorials.

https://pastebin.com/zQYhfkrW

Right now i’m uploading a video for you how to make it work…

Awesome!! I really need to learn how to do this so that I can play with friends on custom stunt maps. Again I’m really new to this and would like to use maps downloaded from GTA5-Mods. I looked at a lot of stuff as it is and to no avail as it is all overcomplicated or missing what I need. So thanks again cant wait for the help!!

Let me know when you made it please

There is the video on how exactly you need to “install” the object-loader with the maps…

This is how the __resource.lua should to be:

resource_manifest_version "44febabe-d386-4d18-afbe-5e627f4af937"

dependency "object-loader"

file "map.xml"

object_file("map.xml")

The object-loader version i used:

3 Likes

@Arsilex @zeekiwi

This you need is very easy here in fivem and you explain vastante well, I will leave a link to you to see how to spawn .xml files is relatively easy especially for you that you are English, I am Spanish and I am accustomed more by the language There I leave you link

What u sended is streaming a map this is not how to use the object-loader resource to load .xml maps the customs maps are just models that are streamed in the game and you will see the custom map not the GTA V map + other map in it like object-loader do…

1 Like

This is perfect bro it answers pretty much everyone’s questions bro it may seem obvious but nobody said you had to start anything! Thanks a lot man!

Could you show or tell me how to get the coordinates for an xml file that doesn’t come with them for object Teleporter? The files I download of 5 mods doesn’t come with them. Thanks again for your quick help and replies!!

Just copy

<Position>
        <X>428.79</X>
        <Y>5581.035</Y>
        <Z>776.101</Z>
      </Position>

from map.xml at the begining you have something like <Objects> and convert it to something like:

<Metadata>
    <Creator>Name</Creator>
    <Name>Map name</Name>
    <Description>Description</Description>
    <LoadingPoint xsi:nil="true" />
    <TeleportPoint>
      <X>428.79</X>
      <Y>5581.035</Y>
      <Z>776.101</Z>
      <Heading>0.0</Heading>
    </TeleportPoint>
  </Metadata>

and insert that<Metadata> after </Objects> and before <Map>

at the end of the map.xml file

Can you show me what that would look like complete please? Also would I enter that exact x, y and z numbers into all the files I user or do they differ? And if they do how do I go about changing them to what they need to be?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.