Our server has a big issue with CEF (Nui resources) and we struggle to fix since August when we first see this issue for few players!
So what we’ve seen so far to reproduce the bug on our server:
- we need at least 50 players connected on server (we’ve tried to repro on dev with 10-20 players we couldn’t and also on live when there was less then 50)
Other things to mention:
- it happens random to players right after connect, after 30 mins
- the time is not fixed so its not happening for example every 30 mins, 5 mins or so
- is not happening to all players in the same time, so could be max 1-3 players in the same time, but mostly only 1
- for some of them they only have all NUI js scripts restarted and they can continue playing
- for others they get stuck on chat and they can’t do anything or other way
- for others they get crash because of nui-resources.dll
- i’ve seen something about of alt-tab but i cannot say i really can reproduce but i’ve seen happen a lot to the players when they alt-tab
- sometimes in F8 they get an error about FOCUS
- we’ve set few js scripts to do console.log when the script is loaded, so everytime occurs this, the clients will have in their F8 console those outputs about those js reloading
When crash to clients they quit with these errors:
- Timed out after 60 seconds.
- Game crashed: VCRUNTIME140.dll!memmove (0xca)
In most of the crashes is because of nui-resources.dll and specific to the file RPCSchemeHandler.cpp at line 134.
We’ve tried to figure it out why it happend after a CallBack and we assume is because of a timeout to a the method: RegisterNUICallback but we couldn’t fix it.
Info about our server:
- We run the server on linux server (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS)
- We use vrp2 framework
- 1Gbps Internet, 32 GB Ram, dedicate server OVH (usualy we are around 6gb/32 ram, 2-2.5 load average)
- Infinity 100(morning, mid-day) to 200(evening, midnight) out of 200 players, and when is full we have a queue of 1 up to 50+
As we don’t know from which resource we have this problem we’ve tried:
- remove all the resources and let only vrp2
- remove scripts one by one (those who have nui)
- we moved the server to a windows machine just for test because we thought maybe is because of linux build and to exclude maybe is because some firewall from linux machine, ovh etc
We also thought maybe is because of the framework. But as we’ve seen other communities with vrp2 running without this problem is obvious something from out behalf.
If need more info I will give you asap.
Thank you in advance for any clue or info or guide on how can we debug this, or fix it.
When happen all the nui resources restarts and we have some console.log to print when the script is loaded:
Some crash dumps:
CfxCrashDump_2020_10_18_16_47_45.zip (3.4 MB)
CfxCrashDump_2020_10_18_12_04_39.zip (2.4 MB)
CfxCrashDump_2020_10_15_08_13_30.zip (2.6 MB)
CfxCrashDump_2020_10_14_21_11_25.zip (2.8 MB)
CfxCrashDump_2020_10_14_08_59_36.zip (2.0 MB)