No such command sv.licenseKey

Hello, i have been struggling to start up a server (this is my first time doing this but i did follow multiple tutorials and the tutorial on this website) For the first time i got the server to run but then when i went into the server my game got stuck in the loading screen and crashed. Then after that i kept getting the error “No such command sv.licenseKey” I dont know what to do cause it seems no one has had this issue. I use windows if you needed to know.

(image removed due to privacy concerns)

Alrighty, i seem to have fixed this issue for the time being. I restarted from the very beginning cause i couldnt figure out what i did wrong so i just started from scratch and now i have other problems. But i think ill be able to figure it out, maybe.

No such command sv.licenseKey means that sv.licenseKey is not an already existing convar or command which is correct. The actual license convar is sv_licenseKey (notice the underscore) however this is also being set in the server.cfg file hence why your server didn’t complain about not having a license key.

Assuming everything else was set up correctly, you should have still been able to connect.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.