New (beta) feature: Discord identifiers

this.

1 Like

:frowning: that sucks. I had some nice plans to use this. going in and having to fetch everyone’s license/steam ID is annoying sometimes. Guessing there’s still no fix to it still too?

Unfortunately it’s discord that makes the rules, FiveM has no control over this.

doesn’t work on my server for some odd reason :confused:

How do I get it

works fine

thank you promethium, very cool!

if that isn’t a joke, I am going to go ultra sane mode sicko mode I tell you

oh my why did i click on this topic :thinking:

That was really unnecessary. Not sure why you posted that at all.

1 Like

Would it be possible to only request the identifiers from the discord servers if the server actively requested them? Via a flag in the server.cfg for example? This isn’t a permanent solution, of course, but it would be a start in my opinion. If you take steps towards lowering the requests, I’m sure Discord would also be okay with talking about lifting the request cap.

1 Like

I actually don’t recall posting that, furthermore, I apologise to the finest degree.

This is great, added it to log system so can find users by Steam ID (not hex) and Discord ID now.

Allows to lookup people and can now get Discord username of people by ID

1 Like

Is there a way to authorize FiveM in Discord’s settings -> “Authorized Apps” , after I accidentally removed it’s access?

2 Likes

The idea is good, but “also we might end up hitting rate limits, so not all players will be identified even if they are running a discordapp client.” so what is the point? U can not rely this feature in Whitelist System and like that…

save the users discord identifier along with steam/license and if they dont have discord identifier you know who the user is, even with the lack of discord identifier.

ya its cool

Thanls

wait so we put this with our resources and start it? I guess im just confused on how to link it with discord perms.