Networking ID not assigned properly

Description: Hello. We have a server with 200+ players online at peak, and A LOT of them are running into the same issue. At first when I investigated it I thought it’s something to do with our framework and the way it handles instancing. However I’ve confirmed that’s not the issue, and the issue seems to be the player doesn’t get assigned a network ID serverside. So on their screen, they don’t see any other player and they can’t interact with anyone. However, if they go to Valentine, they can see players loading in as Arthur Morgan.
There’s no errors in the server-side log and clientside as you can see NETWORK_GET_NETWORK_ID_FROM_ENTITY returns no such entity
Server artifact version: 6015
Expected behavior: Player gets assigned a network ID
Current behavior: Players load into an “alternate dimension” (despite not being instanced thru a routing bucket, which I have checked)
Error screenshot: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1037410840346894416/1044532220347559997/unknown.png https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1044526528681218129/1044530717096419378/20221122213132_1.jpg
.dmp/crash files: N/A
Files/Code to reproduce bug: N/A
Extra information: This bug is hard to reproduce yourself, however I have many players on our server that experience this on a daily basis & I can extract more info from them if needed.

Are you sure this is not a part of 32 players in scope limitation?

This is an interesting note, maybe related to UDP packet size limitation? Have you seen such messages in server console?

That’s the main issue with such bugs :frowning:

1 Like

Hello! Appreciate the fast response. Just to be clear, I’m a fellow developer and believe me I did everything in my power to investigate this bug, but I’m almost certain its none of my scripts causing it.
It’s 100% not part of the 32 players in scope limitation - It happens when you login, and relog does NOT fix it, the only fix we found for it is a restart to your PC. The players can run around and interact with the world (our store script, etc) but they can’t summon their horse (the horse appears for a moment and then disappears instantly?) and like I said, they can’t see any players, regardless if they’re in a town or in the wilderness with just 1 player next to them.

UDP packet size limitation is an interesting idea, but I checked the server log constantly when it happens and there’s no errors whatsoever.

and yeah, it sucks that we cant reproduce it, however like I said I have many players who experience this daily and if we need to do testing they’ll gladly help out to get this resolved.

Also those warning are only shown with developer console “mode” enabled. Make sure you’re using developer 1 (server convar).

Alright, I enabled it, I’ll let you know if I catch anything

Tried it today, nothing showed up in the logs. :frowning:

Oh, another interesting thing… when I try to /tp to the player, it brings me to x0 y0 z0 and I see the player standing there. But on their screen they’re walking around elsewhere.

I’m one of the players experiencing this issue. Is there anything I can do to help investigate it? RedM (and the server this is occurring on) is essentially unplayable for me right now, and has been for two weeks.

Hi, I would like to see OneSync log files when this happens next time. If you personally would see this happening again on your server, please do these steps:

1. Teleport to this “desynced” player.

2. Get network id of this player. You can use this debug resource: local pedPool = {} local searchRadius = 120.0local enabled = false loc - Pastebin.com (UPD: edited to support player peds)

3. Record a video or make screenshots of how this looks (player + his network id should be visible).

4. In RedM open console (F8) and type onesync_logFile "logs_client.txt"

5. Do the same in your server console onesync_logFile "logs_server.txt"

6. Wait for 10 seconds. While logs are recordings, it would affect performance of your game and server for some time.

7. After 10 seconds type onesync_logFile "" in your client and server consoles to finish log recordings.

8. Send me here (or in DMs) recorded video/screenshot and logs (logs_client.txt and logs_server.txt). They would be stored in your RedM installation (RedM Application Data) and server installation (where FXServer.exe is located) folders.