Network objects sporadically appearing to not sync

Hi!
Lately our server’s been running into a network object syncing issue that’s been stumping all of us, so I was hoping if anyone could figure out if we’re doing anything wrong.

Basically, we’re getting sporadic cases where what should be network objects / peds aren’t existing for some or all of the clients except for the one that created them (i.e. clientside script called CreateObject with isNetwork set to true). This problem seems to be popping up as our server is growing, so I created a little stress test:

1. 3 sets of 80 objects each are created, with isNetwork and netMissionEntity set to true
    a. 2 sets are created by 2 different clients, 1 set by a server event triggered by a third client.
    b. Client 1 goes first, then client 2, then the server

2. The clients and server then try to call NetworkGetNetworkIdFromEntity on their created objects. The transparent objects have no net IDs; the opaque ones do. (of course, this doesn’t apply to the server objects because they simply won’t appear if they had no net ID and thus weren’t networked - or at least that was what I expected)

3. They then send the list of IDs to the other clients through the server, and try to call NetworkGetEntityFromNetworkId on each received ID just to be sure

Below are the results (from left to right: client 1’s set, client 2’s set, server’ set)

View from client 1

View from client 2

View from client 3 (triggered server-side event for object creation)

(Sorry for the misaligned screenshots)

I uploaded the scripts as well just in case:

So a few questions:

1. It seems to me that part of our problem is a limit on the number of network objects that can exist - about 70 or so. Does that limit actually exist? If so, is it actually somewhere around that number?
    We’ve only got a 152 player limit on our server but I know there are servers with way more than that - surely they’d have more network props in existence simultaneously. That or we need to refactor our code hardcore and I’m not sure I’m paid enough to do that.

2. You can see in client 3’s viewpoint that there some of client 1’s network objects aren’t visible even through they have net IDs assigned to them. Is having a net ID not a guarantee that the object is networked? Or is it some other issue at play here?

3. Similarly, how do server-created objects work? Even though none of those objects have net IDs, they’re mostly visible to client 3 (and partially visible to client 2 - in fact the ones that aren’t visible to client 3 are visible to 2)

4. Does distance affect any of the above? It does seem like the clients closer to each other have less issues, although it might just be a lack of data on my part

Apologies for the word dump, but I’m basically pulling my hair out over this issue here - we’re planning to expand further so this issue would basically be fatal to those efforts. Any help or corrections on where my understanding is wrong would be super appreciated.

Edit: Sorry, should specify that this issue happened to us on server artifact 6798 (we’ve temporarily rolled back to 6683 due to other issues)

1 Like

This problem also occurs on my server.
Is there any solution?

same us plz help us

Any update on this one? Noticed the same exact thing

So the long and short of it seems to be that there’s a hard cap of 80 network objects, and that anything past that won’t be synchronized properly. For a couple of reasons it’d be pretty difficult to directly change that limit (i.e. they can’t just tweak a value and call it good), so you got two options:

1. Try to limit how many network objects get created
  2. Write your own plugin to synchronize stuff (or try to find someone to sell you one I guess, but I’ve never seen it happen and I’d rather have control over something this low-level)
1 Like