Native SetPedComponentVariation (0x262b14f48d29de80)

For a good bug report you should probably include:

1. Client (production/canary) and FXServer version: production / 3452
  2. What you expected to happen: work with a lot of entries
  3. What actually happens: don’t work
  4. Category of bug (eg. client, server, weapons, peds, native): native SetPedComponentVariation(0x262b14f48d29de80)

Copied message here:
InvokeNative: execution failed: Error executing native 0x262b14f48d29de80 at address 0x1406d77ab.
SCRIPT ERROR: Execution of native 262b14f48d29de80 in script host failed: Error executing native 0x262b14f48d29de80 at address 0x1406d77ab.
SetPedComponentVariation (SetPedComponentVariation.lua:25)
(ped/client.lua:25)

1. Reproducible steps, preferably with example script(s):ped.rar (1.1 MB)

Script includes add-on hair and script to change mask.
Click left/right arrow to switch your model to mp_f_freemode_01 and then click again to switch mask
Arrow up resets mask to number 0

I think bug actually is related to file “pedalternatevariations.meta”.
File contains 55 entries on which mask it should completly hide hair, each hair has 134 masks on which it should hide completly.

With 55 entries script is stopping working after setting first mask,
with 54 entries script is stopping working after setting 8th mask,
with 53 entries script is working as it should work.
To remove entries simply edit .meta file, click ALT + 6 (in notepad++) to hide text nicely, scroll down and remove whole <Item></Item> as shown on screenshot

1 Like

Thanks for at least posting the issue on the forums so it won’t get lost.

Buffer overflow in some function. This is using a pointer retained on the stack, which is not changed during the course of the function, and known to be valid due to a call that has to have occurred prior.

Should be fixed for 1604 at least.

This fix and the other one have been backed out since a number of servers were having new, unreproducible crashes with remarkably high prevalence.

I have this bug if I add more addon clothes, in the 2060 version, and directly if I put the newest one, it will crash instantly.

Have a read and keep an eye on this thread;