My FiveM is downloading Server Resources at extremely low speeds

My FiveM is downloading Server Resources at extremely low speeds

Environment questions

GTA V version: from steam, Build ID 11431047
Up to date: Yes
Legit or Pirate copy: Legit copy
Purchased where - Steam/Rockstar Launcher/Epic: On Steam, tried with 2 accounts I own GTA V with
Windows version: Windows 10 Home Version 22H2, Build 19045.3324
Did you try to delete content_index.xml and try again? Yes, it improved the problem a very tiny bit
System specifications:
Intel(R) Core™ i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Prime Z379-P Baseboard
32,0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Driver version 536.99

CitizenFX crash zip file (‘Save information’ on a crash):
logs/CitizenFX_log files:
CitizenFX_log_2023-08-13T002904.log (1.1 MB)
CitizenFX_log_2023-08-12T215858.log (1.1 MB)
CitizenFX_log_2023-08-11T220041.log (1.2 MB)

.dmp files/report IDs:

If you can’t start the game at all

GTA V folder screenshot:
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot:
Filepath to FiveM folder:
FiveM client folder screenshot:
Which antivirus/firewall software are you using? Only Windows Defender and NordVPN
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Yes I have tried to disable my firewalls

Important parts

What is the issue you’re having? My FiveM is downloading assets and resources at an extremely low rate, regardless of what server I try, and regardless of region its located in.
It feels like my internet connection is capped in FiveM only. I experience no lag or ping issues, it’s only the download of resources on all servers I have tried

What are you trying to do? Simply play FiveM like I used to do

What have you tried already to fix the issue?

1. Reinstalled FiveM multiple times
  2. Tried different servers to see if it was my connection to specific server
  3. Reinstalled GTA V
  4. Tried to play with different steam accounts I own that have seperate copies of GTA V
  5. Disabled Firewall, Uninstalled OneDrive and other file monitoring programs
  6. Used different VPN providers with different locations US, EU etc.
  7. Tested connection speeds and download speeds
  8. Recieved caches from other players to the servers I attempted to join to see if that would work
  9. Gone through every youtube video/reddit post and tried stuff like download a Game Storage fix, but no issues I can find online are the same as mine.
  10. Cleared caches multiple times (Horrible idea as the small amount of resources I had downloaded, I had to wait hours to download again)

Error screenshot (if any):

What did you do to get this issue? Well I used to play FiveM a lot but had a 7/8 month break due to work and life, in that time I factory reset my PC.
The issue appeared from the first time I tried to join a FiveM server
No one else seems to be having a similar issue which scares me a bit as it seems unfixable, and the internet bottleneck experience I have on FiveM, doesn’t occur on any other program, game, speedtest at all. I have checked my ISP if it was outages but everything is fine.

What server did you get this issue on? Be specific and name some, ‘all of them’ by itself isn’t useful!
The main server I have tried to play on is : Notorious SeriousRP [FRESH] [US/UK/AU/EU] [Mature Active Staff]
I have also previously “worked” on this server and are good friends with the owners and developers, who have also tried to help me.

Other servers I have tried to see if it was a specific issue with forementioned server:
OdessaRP 18+
DrugCity
MiGhettoNYC
[DK] Zodix [Allowlisted]

Additional comments: It is a massive pain to test if it is an individual server, as it takes forever to download the different servers content and resources, so I wish I could’ve tested more, but I have spent approx 10+ Hours plus on the main server Notorious, just afk downloading resources.

I have pondered if my cfx account is in anyway being blocked/banned by FiveM, as no one else seems to have this issue.

Also I’m considering factory resetting my PC again, to see if maybe that would take me back to normal? So if that is the only possible solution I’m ready to attempt that.

1 Like

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Internet Health Test conducted on the 08/13/2023, I still have the issue in FiveM.
FiveM uses around 0.1 Mbps to 1.2 Mbps, still taking forever to download resources.

That range 0.1 to 1.2 is with all Firewalls disabled, and NordVPN enabled and my Network reset

1 Like

tuviste solucion? me pasa lo mismo, no hay informacion por ningun lado

No I haven’t found a solution, I even ended up reinstalling Windows but the problem persists, sorry.

No, no he encontrado solución, incluso terminé reinstalando Windows pero el problema persiste, lo siento.

Having the same problem, I don’t know why there isn’t a solution online somewhere. It seems to be rare and only happening to a few users and idk why it’s so frustrating.

Yeah Idk man, All I can say is i’ve tried everything you can see in the responses/and original post, nothing fixed it.

Bad luck

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.