My FiveM is being installed on the C: Drive. I download it but it does not show up on my programs list, it also bugs out when I join a server, making the edge of the map glow up in a while line and extreme texture loss

IF YOU DO NOT FILL THIS OUT, YOUR TOPIC WILL BE UNLISTED AND CLOSED

To receive support, please fill out the following template, and remove this top text.

GTA V version? Latest (3rd of February, 2021)
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Steam
Windows version? 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes, many times
Error screenshot (if any)

System specifications Intel 17-10700K - RTX 2070 Super - 16GB RAM - 512GB SSD (Windows Drive) - 2TB HHD
What did you do to get this issue? It was working fine the day before. I wake up and get on the next day and suddenly missing files.
What server did you get this issue on? Centrix Roleplay
CitizenFX crash zip file No crashes
CitizenFX.log file
.dmp files/report IDs No files found for that

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot

GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot
Filepath to FiveM folder
FiveM client folder screenshot
Which antivirus/firewall software are you using? McAfee
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? I tried disabling the Firewall and Real-Time Scanning

Also add what you already tried so far.

Re-installing FiveM multiple times
Clearing caches.xml
Disabling Antivirus
Looked online for solutions (No solution)

Note:
Only ONE of the servers I play (The server I’ve played for 9+ months) has had no textures hardly and has had a white line across the screen, as if the edge of the map is glowing and is very clear. This is the reason I was creating this topic in the first place. It’s weird how every other server works fine.

Another:
My FiveM does not show up on any application list what so ever. (Checked control panel and windows apps). It doesn’t get added to the desktop when installed either. So I have to manually delete every file if I want it gone from my PC.

1 Like

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Hopefully i won’t sound dumb saying this :neutral_face:
I am not 100% sure, but it seems like it is the server sided problem. (I’m talking about the error screenshot you provided) Looks like the file “resource.rpf” could not be downloaded, because it does not exist. This probably means that the link that they provided, so that FiveM can install it is either wrong, or they deleted it (accidentally, or intentionally) from the “cloud storage”(?).
So let’s say for example they were using OneDrive as their cloud storage with all needed scripts/files that you need to download to join the server and play normally. But they accidentally deleted one of the files needed for you to play that you need to download. Because of that you are unable to download it, because it does not exist.

Also for extreme texture loss, you could try turning up the setting called “Extended Distance Scaling”.
It is in ‘Advanced Graphics’ tab in settings. This helped me with loading some assets from the server that i could not see.

Please Note I am not sure how the downloads from servers work, but if that’s the case then you probably just need to wait so that they can repair it. If i’m completely wrong about how the downloading of needed files for joining the server works, then i’m sorry that i sounded dumb, and i could not help you.

The texture loss was fixed with some tweaking. Now it’s just a really thick white line on the screen that seems like it’s on the edge of the map, overlapping all other textures. I have no idea how to fix it.

Could you send a screenshot of that white line?

When I next get on for sure. Basically a solid White line that is on the very edge of the map (past the ocean border). I will send you the image in about an hour

Alright, also have a read through this reddit post i found. https://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV_PC/comments/hbue7r/vertical_line_in_the_middle_of_the_screen/
Maybe it could help you, especially the last comment.

I have the screenshots here:

Also my FiveM does not show up on any programs list, as if it does not exits. @Barteks122

1 Like

Well, sorry but i have no idea what that is. I could not find anything like that on the internet.
Also no idea why FiveM isn’t showing up. Hope you find a solution really soon.
[EDIT] It is only occurring on one server right?

Yeah, only the one called “Centrix Roleplay”. I went to prison for 10 minutes and logged off whilst in prison. I come back about 2 hours later and see the white line there. I did the time and then started to look for a solution. I was thinking maybe an outdated FiveM version, that wasn’t the case. Maybe all the graphics folders are not installing properly, or even textures because my headlight light are low texture and not smooth like they are supposed to be too.

Try contacting the server staff about that, maybe it’s something with ‘notification script’?

1 Like

Well, seeing as it doesn’t install to the programs list either is a bit weird. i’m thinking to just clear all drives and reinstall windows. This is really the only game I play… There are also FiveM processes running in the background, don’t know if this is an issue? Just seen it in task manager.

Here:

I opened the file location of one of three, one of them show as they are in my FiveM installation location. So I open FiveM, it’s not showing on my apps list and is running in the background instead of a main process? The “Main” FiveM that is showing in task manager, it’s running off of the “FiveM_GTAProcess” in the Application Data.

I’m pretty sure it should be like that. Here is a screenshot of my FiveM.
And i opened file location to both FiveM.
[EDIT] Oh, i actually found this: Program Is Not Listed in Add/Remove Programs After Installation this should resolve this problem.

Where would the uninstall option be for FiveM? Can’t find it.

you delete the folder

Either delete the folder, or try this program IObit Uninstaller - Best Free Software Uninstall Tool for Your Windows XP/7/8/10 PC.

The app is showing there now at least, I reinstalled my antivirus and accepted all GTA, FiveM and Rockstar folders to by-bass the firewall and all seems to be fine so far, I’ll let you know if it happens anytime soon again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.