Mumble voice suggestions (and improvements)

I thought I was the only one that experienced this… guess not :sob::sob::sob:

Does this still happen if lowering the voice output volume to ~20%?

I’ll see

Yeah I changed my voice chat volume to 20% and it’s fine now. But making every client do that is a massive fuck around to make every client change. Thanks for the fix, and I will watch Native audio with great intrigue, but I just can’t justify the trouble.

Thanks, I guess we should change the output volume scaling by default then.

As above, it was only tested with a fake client constantly playing some music, which might be handled differently by the game DSP compared to voices.

What ‘trouble’?

The trouble would be requiring clients to turn down their own volume. If you can turn down the scaling then it’s a non issue. The only other issue I have noticed with NativeAudio in the couple hours I have had it running, has to do with Rp radio so not a you issue. Nice, many thanks for addressing my concern.

Latest at the moment.

This part is done now.

Some other native audio changes (making volume override non-directional, fixing some game allocator leaks) are being worked on still and are pending for a future release, as is submix support.

1 Like

What about the mouth anim bug?

Fixed, too, and deployed on canary client.

Also the bitrate was set to 24k by default which is a fair bit lower than most defaults so it’s configurable now (on canary too until next push) and defaults to 48k as well.

2 Likes

Looking great, if you manage to fix the voice restart bug and maybe sneak in submix support Mumble will really start to shine.

still waiting for a full dump for a broken client

Also connecting to an external server can lead to the mumble client crashing:

I think it is due to the disconnect/reconnect by the MumbleSetServerAddress

1 Like

I don’t think this post was made for people to dump other issues here :man_shrugging:… still waiting for the actual thread to get a yes or no if it’s going to be worked on :pensive:

I’d say that’s a no. Either way, I think we should apply our energy to polishing native audio rather than the old system since that would lead to native audio becoming the new standard. Bettering VOIP for all of the community.

But Native audio just isn’t RP immersive. This is why people choose to use Toko over Mumble. No one wants to hear someone who is far away sound like they’re in your head.

:thinking: Not sure what setup you were running, this wasn’t my recent experience with native audio. On foot having a conversation sounded exactly like it did when I was using Toko. :man_shrugging:

I just need to tune reverb inside interiors since it is somewhat overkill. The only edge Toko still has is it comes with the RadioFX plugin, however, reading bubbles reply it seems we’ll be able to accomplish this in Mumble soon anyways.

Because of audio occlusion, I’d say native audio is much better suited for RP than the clip through wall nightmare that Toko and the old Mumble was.

All right, I’ll give Native audio another go.
Can you tell me which options you have enabled?

I assume:

voice_useNativeAudio, voice_useSendingRangeOnly, and maybe voice_use2dAudio?

Thanks.

All right, I switched to:

setr voice_useSendingRangeOnly true
setr voice_useNativeAudio true

You are correct, it is not bad, but high speeds still causes voices to cut out.
I’m on version: 3161.

Also you can talk outside of the game and use PTT in NUI without having to play with SetNuiFocusKeepInput and also some issue sometimes with external servers on Mumble

1 Like