Mumble voice suggestions (and improvements)

if it’s “unusable” without tweaking that is 100% unintentional

I wouldnt define it unusable, it comes down to personal preference and its very dependant on the location you’re in, being able to decide where and how much reverb/echo i want in each location is a must imo.

why would we keep any info privately?

Trust me if I knew I’d gladly share how to do it, I’m doing research and talking to other devs, thats how I know some people have it figured out but dont share it publicly.

does “Toko” whatever it is even have their audio code open sourced at all?

I dont think it is, but there is no need to run any crazy tests, the difference is the same you can notice by switching from Toko to Discord, nowadays people are used to Discord sound quality, but for those of us who still use it its night and day, obviously Mumble/Discord arent that bad and you get used to them pretty quickly, but voice quality, the things I mentioned above and all those random minor Mumble bugs such as: [Help] Mumble voip needs to be turned on and off to be able to speak (Mumble-radio)
are all obstacles for Mumble to become THE Fivem voice system.

Better docs and more functionality would also be useful, I still dont know whether channel listeners can be used as replacement for channel voice targets and it would be cool if we had a MumbleGetVoiceChannelFromServerId alternative which returns the channel “name” instead of internal Mumble ID.