Mumble problems for heavy servers (+800 players)

Hello there !

I’m facing problems with Mumble at heavy players counts (currently +850 players every evening).
I have (of course) a powerfull dedicated server to host the mumble server.
I currently use murmurd on Linux, since when i use buildin uMurmur server on fxServer with pma-voice, it’s overload one core and use much, much more bw than murmurd and cause voice chat laggy.

With murmurd, voice chat is stable and clear even at 900 players, the only one problem, is than when we are more than 500/600 players, some players don’t be moved to his channel and stay on the root channel, causing voice chat not working (he don’t ear, and can’t talk).
After debugging and adding prints clientside, i see than the root problem, is than theses players don’t receive the “mumbleConnected” event, so, the pma-voice logic “handleInitialState()” don’t happen and so, the player are connected, but isn’t moved.

I already have 1024 channels on the murmurd server, and i don’t have any error/warn on logs.

I can give you other repro to investiguate. Thanks you in advance for your help!

Perhaps this is an issue with murmurd itself? If so then maybe have multiple servers with each set with their own scope.

I don’t think so, since murmurd don’t log any error, and i can move myself without any problem when i’m directly connected to the server with Mumble Client.

Would be a good solution yes, like split North/South/Cayo. But make radio/phone don’t work between zones :confused: