Windows version? WINDOWS 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? YES
Error screenshot (if any)
System specifications
What did you do to get this issue? UNAWARE OF ORIGIN
What server did you get this issue on? SEVERAL SERVERS
CitizenFX.log file
.dmp files/report IDs

In the last month, my controller (XBOX 360 wired) has stopped working within FiveM. I have tried multiple solutions to no avail. The controller is recognised on all my other games, including GTA 5 singleplayer and GTA:O. I’ve searched back through the Technical Support forum here and have only found either suggestions I have already tried or threads with no responses.

Things I have tried:

• Deleting FiveM Cache
  • Uninstalling/reinstalling 360 controller
  • Ensuring 360 controller is set up as Gamepad through Steam Big Picture mode as suggested by several Youtube tutorials
  • Disabled Steam overlay
  • Ran FiveM with steam closed
  • Tried to use DS4 and SCP - neither seem to be able to find a controller connected despite Steam registering the controllers
  • Uninstalled/reinstalled FiveM, GTA 5, and Steam.
  • Bought a completely new controller (PS4) and ensured it to be set up through Big Picture mode as previously attempted with 360 controller, along with all other previously mentioned steps
  • Unplugged all peripherals and ensured that my controller is the first thing plugged in to register it as the primary peripheral.
  • Rolled back my latest Windows Update to see whether it was something that messed it up there.

I’ve hit a wall and I honestly cannot think of anything else to try, and I cannot fathom why controllers have just decided to stop working in the last several weeks when it was absolutely fine prior to the beginning of May.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

When you mean they don’t work. Do you mean the completely are not detected by FiveM at all where you can’t even drive a vehicle or do anything at all with the controller?

Thanks for the quick response. The controllers do not appear to be detected by FiveM at all, and I am not even able to use the controller on the main menu before selecting a server.

Don’t use controllers that rely on Steam’s input hooks (such as any non-Xbox-compatible controller), and don’t use Steam while trying to play with natively supported controllers, at least until (or if, at all) Valve fixes their input system being broken for ‘mod’ IDs.

In the ‘main menu’, you’re not supposed to be able to use controller input at this time.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.