Mouse cursor trapped in the center of the screen

Happens everytime after 3 times I was playing totally fine untill it started… As the title says, the mouse pointer/cursor gets stuck in the mid of the main menu or server list… It would be good if you can add keyboard support because like this is impossible to pick a server also I can’t even change my nickname or do any other movement.

UPDATE: I confirmed playing in borderless/fullscreen doesn’t make any difference the issue is still happeing but I have discovered that the mouse works fine for a few seconds then it puts in the mid and I can’t get it out.

3 Likes

Please use this format to post your error.
Did you read the F.A.Q?

1 Like

@Boss

Me bad, I didn’t consider all that information could be necessary but here it is anyways.

GTA V Version: Up to date, Steam, Legit.
Windows version: 10.0.14393
There is NO error so far to make a screenshot of said error.

[0_1480301928887_CitizenFX.log](Uploading 100%)

No crashes so far, as you can see everything is normal, In the plugins I don’t have the mods I use for GTA V, Only healthbar and enhancedreborn trainer are in there. I dont believe any of those could cause the issue.

Boss take note:
The same issue happened in the first ever release of this mod. And that instalation was 100% mod clean. I’m guessing this has something to do with the menu itself.

3 Likes

@FireFoxNEW said in Mouse cursor trapped in the center of the screen:

No crashes so far, as you can see everything is normal, In the plugins I don’t have the mods I use for GTA V, Only healthbar and enhancedreborn trainer are in there. I dont believe any of those could cause the issue.

This is far from normal. You need a clean GTA V in order to play FiveReborn… You have several modifications in your GTA V folder.

@Boss

Did you read? I said, this is not the first time I try out FiveReborn. The first time I had a clean installation of GTAV and I also have it clean now and it still happening, this same PC was also formated recently so this perhaps is actually a bug related to the menu or mouse imput maybe…

2 Likes

Well… Looks like this is actually a BUG that happens when you have select “windows” imput in-game mouse settings.

Doesn’t happen with raw imput or direct imput. Still I don’t think this issue is “user fault” and depends if GTA V folder is modded or not since it happens in clean installations too.

1 Like

It’s a user-setting not a bug. You seem to have resolved the issue.

RESOLVED - LOCKED
1 Like

can you help me this is happing to me I have reinstalled FiveM and GTA5 and it is not working my mouse gets trapped on the screen but can move in other tabs

4 Likes

Hi… I am facing the same problem. I have the game. FiveM, steam everything updated. But sill my mouse is not working. My game is not modded. It is just stuck at the centre. Pls help.

join a server and put you mouse to raw input
that fixed myn

3 Likes

Hey guys,

I have the same problem, I tried to switch my input in solo and in GTA:O and it doesn’t work.
Alt + F4 doesn’t work either.
I don’t know how to join a server on FiveM with my stucked cursor to change to raw input, can you help me ?

Any news about it? i have the same problem…

I have found a way to fix this, it will go back but it lets you move the mouse. Control Alt Delete and then start task manager

I found a fix for this problem. If you launch the mod, then use the the ‘alt-tab’ to choose an empty server, or low populated server, change the mouse settings back to ‘raw input’ from inside the mod. If you do it in the actual game, it won’t work. This will fix your problem.

1 Like

Thank you for posting the fix you found! If you don’t mind, I’m not going to mark the thread as fixed just yet. I believe an element should take a look first just in-case it’s part of a bigger problem. Once again, thanks for letting us know a work-around!

I was looking for a solution to the problem as well; I don’t know what 5m is but I did find a solution that worked for me. Try changing your mouse input setting in the game. Mine was set to Windows and I changed it to raw input and that worked for me.