More ped / NPC on my server

Hello everyone,

So I have a question about NPCs.
When I talk about NPCs, I’m not talking about spawning 1 NPC in particular.
But really from the NPC generation.

I have certain places on the map completely EMPTY of NPCs and others with a lot.

My server is on “The ChopChop” DLC and ESX 1.10

I have a script that allows me to increase NPC generation.
Despite having pushed the generation to 300%, I don’t have more.

I tried 100% and without the script, it doesn’t change anything. ( Day & Night its the same )

Thank you all for your help!

1 Like

If you load too many models for peds on client side this can happen.

On our server (like 5 years ago), one of our devs made a script to populate all the shops and some other areas with NPCs. He did this by loading many different ped models on client side and spawned them all at once (local, non-networked peds) all across the map.
And some time later we started noticing that we were missing all peds in the city. We even had vehicles driving around without drivers. They were just missing hahaha

Was easily fixed by only spawning those NPCs when necessary, so they wouldn’t take up the whole ped pool.

Good evening Thank you for your response.
We manually loaded all broken 20 NPCs for the entire map.
On the other hand, the script pushes the generation of NPCs to 300%.
Do you think the 20 NPCs will be able to bug the server?
Wouldn’t it be better to spawn the NPCs on the client side?
so that this is the machine that supports it? and not the customer?

You can only load a few ped models at the same time. If you load too many without unloading them, this can happen.

Similar to if you load too many vehicle models the street textures can disappear. You are essentially loading more than you should.

This is always client side. Your game itself cannot take the load.

Try removing your script spawned NPCs and see if your issue is fixed.

Additionally, you should check map files for any duplicated files. I can’t remember the exact name, but I know some files will cause all NPCs not to spawn if you have conflicting/twice streamed files related to map scenarios.

A lot of lazy map makers will also dump random scenarios that mess up general world spawning behavior.

Hi i have de activated all script use for spawning persistant PED.

So @Noor_Nahas Do you have an idea for the name of this script :smiley:

Thanks guy for your help.