MLO Ymap entities to ytyp entities without doing it over?

Hey lads,

I have been working on customizing an existing MLO for a while, managed to squeeze 150+ props in there, in theyr own, respective Ymap, untill I loaded up the game and figured I couldn’t see them.

I then figured out they had to be placed in the YTYP, inside a room, as entities.

Now, is there a way to somehow change the ymap entities into ytyp entities without having to place 150 props again, one by one?

The entities from the first blue line should be put into the entities below.
Uploading: image.png…

If someone has a solution, I’d be very grateful!

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi DaveyL,

Unfortunately there isn’t an easy solution.
There is no way to do this in codewalker directly in the project viewer. Instead it would have to be done using the xml version of the files.

You would have to somehow copy and paste the data from the ymap about each entity into the right places in the ytyp. While it might seem easy just to copy and paste them in, the ytyp also has each item numbered in each room, see the examples below:

YMAP:
A ymap just requires the item details with a position and rotation to work.

YTYP:

The ytyp however needs both the same entry as the ymap but also an accompanying entry in the rooms section under “attachedObjects”

For example if you had
prop_chair_01 in room 1
prop_table_01 in room 2
prop_shoes_01 in room 1

You would write the something along the lines of the following (the entities start at 0)

“name"ROOM1”/name"
“attachedObjects”
“/attachedObjects”

THEN YOU MOVE TO THE NEXT ROOM

“name"ROOM2”/name"
“attachedObjects”
“/attachedObjects”

This might seem simple for a few objects but getting 153 in the right rooms ect would be a massive task! I would recommend starting again and using the ymap just as a reference in codewalker