MLO renders when entering room

Hey guys. I am trying to figure out on how to make an MLO appear only when really close by or perfectly when you enter trough a door. It does exist in the game.

Like in the video provided you can see that tequilala only renders when you walk trough the door.

Does anybody know how R did it? What settings should I use in Sollumz and or CW?

Thank you.

P.s changing LodDis didnt seem to do it

https://streamable.com/zkt1bh

EDIT: All good. I figured it out. In case anybody needs to know, you need to add the door to the portal and add the flag 64 to the door. It will derender MLO when the door is closed.

What you see in the video is something incorrect, and it needs to be fixed. There are several MLOs in the same location, and they are colliding. Depending on the camera’s viewpoint, certain things may or may not be visible due to the collision— that’s one aspect.

On the other hand, for an interior to load upon entering, it could be through some ymap configuration or with IPL Loader. Perhaps using PolyZone and loading an IPL when entering the building.

I do not think you are right. The same thing happens with gun stores, VU, bahama mama and probably with any other MLO that does not have a window to look into. It is how Rockstar intended and I want to know how they did it.

Also certain things do not render because of occlusions, but that has nothing to do with this case. I tried removing the occlusions and the MLo would still only render when the door gets moved. I think it has something to do with the flags, but im not sure which ones.

I might be completely wrong and I have absolutely zero clue about how MLOs or interiors in general work.

But isn’t this the “portal” stuff? There are like 15-20 natives related to portals in the native reference.

What draws and what doesn’t in MLOs is indeed connected with portals and their flags, that stuff is super technical so it’s generally only something who actually worked with MLOs in the past can figure out - it’s not even fully documented lol

That is what I was thinking as well. Every tutorial I watch just does the basic and fastest method without explaining much which then results in people creating lagging and unoptimized things. Like I feel that every tutorial tells you to delete occlusions when in reality they are there for a purpose and deleting them is not really the solution when it comes to performance.

Yeah, you’ll need to figure most of it out by yourself sadly

Thx. I updated my main post. I found out how to do it!