Migrate a fivem server from vps to dedicated server

Hi guys I’m new at this and I don’t know if is the right place to post my doubt. I already have fivem server hosted at zap in a VPS and now I bought a dedicated server , but when I copy the database to dedicated server the server didn’t run good.

Regards

When you copy the database? If you are copying over the database you should just take the mysql dump and use that. Make sure they are the same operating system (of course). If not, the easiest thing to do is just drag over all of the resources & server.cfg and use that.

Anthony

1 Like

Can you help me with that? I can pay for that.

Database import has nothing to do with OS, you can move it wherever you want.

“Drag over all of the resources and server.cfg and use that”.

…honestly this sentence does not help the OP who obviously doesn’t know his way around servers.

Tiago, first open up your sql tool and export a dump of your sql database (in the sort of .sql single file). I don’t know how zap works but you need your database dump file.

Then on your new server make sure that you have an sql server running. If you don’t know what this is just download xampp (if windows) and run apache/mysql services. Once you do that, open Phpmyadmin, create a new database, give it the same name you have named it on your vps, and then import the .sql dump file you previously exported from your vps.

Then open server.cfg on your new server and make sure the mysql connection string has all the necessary information it needs, username, password (if any), database name. Copy that from your old server, just make sure you set the same database name in the above step as I said.

It should work. Use youtube and google for appropriate guides for that, no need to pay anyone bro.

2 Likes

THIS is the kind of help I love to see! I am also new to hosting a server on dedicated equipment. I’m starting fresh so moving things wasn’t an issue. But, my question is, when hosting a FiveM server on dedicated equipment(OVH), do I still need XAMPP? It is a windows server 2022 standard… Or maybe another way of me wording is this, Do I basically treat the Dedicated server setup process the exact same as I would as localhost, the difference being im simply accessing the dedicated hardware thru Remote Desktop? Is that the only/main difference?