Memory leak

Is it possible to figure out where a memory leak is coming from aka What resource is leaking memory?, help would be appreciated. after about 1-2 hours the server startings hitching like crazy. but once restarted is fine for another few hours

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Depends. If you need to find out for client side do resmon 1 to see all that (1 for true, 0 for false)

If your looking server side you will need to run some traces…

1 Like

Hey faxes. So resmon 1 we would be looking for a resource with constant rising memory yes?
What exactly are we looking after doing a ETW trace?

The problem has just popped up out of nowhere after the last few updates.

Servers start using 3.5gb ram or so, then after 5 hours we are at 12gb ram and its causing pretty big problems.

You may have installed or written some script that does not clear an array or something causing it to infinitely grow. How long until the server reaches 12GB Ram? Also make sure it really is the FiveM server process’ memory increasing and not some other process.

1 Like

Hey d0p3t,

About 5 hours or so. I can confirm it is FiveM servers, as soon as i close the console it drops back down instantly. And i can watch the process slowly rise
Server runs perfect with no errors or hitching until we start to hit the higher ram usage with the leak, then we get constant hitching

Resmon 1 is not showing a constant rising memory for any resource so i am a bit lost on how to find what is causing it.

Whats the best way to audit all the process being executed and the memory it is using?

Guessing nobody knows how to find the problem then?. Or just cbf explaining lol

Pretty sure it is server side to

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.