Mass network thread hitch causing all players to timeout

For the last 2 days, I’ve been having any issue where whenever my server hits above 100-110 players, the server will randomly spam the console with “network thread hitch warning” and all players with have high ping and timeout.

I’ve been told that no DDoS attacks have been occurring on the server as the CPU didn’t spike and no attacks were caught by the host. A few developers have told me that a bad resource could be causing this but I’m honestly just lost on how I could possibly find that.

I can provide much more information if needed, I just don’t want to provide information that may be pointless.

Hello @Georgie15,

How are your server resources structured, are they kept separately dependent on their functionality or is it all in one resource?

I am having this same issue when I reach a large number of players.

Can you record and upload an ETW trace file?

If I were you, do both so you can compare the recordings.

Okay so I was able to find the issue behind it. Sonoran CAD was causing the mass timeouts due to a bunch of 911 calls left unread in our CAD system, nearly 3,000.

The way I was able to figure this out was I had the F8 network event log open and had OBS recording my screen. I went AFK and when the next timeout happened I checked the recording and the Sonoran CAD resource had 240,000 KB of data sent right as the timeouts happened.

For anybody else struggling with this same issue, profilers do help find bad scripts but overall if you can’t find it in a profiler, do the steps that I did above.

What did you do to clear up the calls?
Also after clearing I am assuming this problem comes back after time

i cant get in it just keeps timing out