Low Fps With Ryzen

To receive support, please fill out the following template, and remove this top text.

GTA V version? Latest
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club?
Windows version? 10Pro
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yeah
Error screenshot (if any)
System specifications Ryzen 2600X / 16gb DDR4 / GTX 1060
What did you do to get this issue? Update / Unstall…
What server did you get this issue on? All
CitizenFX.log file
.dmp files/report IDs

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot
Filepath to FiveM folder
FiveM client folder screenshot
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Yes

Also add what you already tried so far.

Hello,

I saw that on Fivem, my fps were very bad. (about 40 instead of 120 on GTA5).

I tried to make updates, change drivers, reinstall another version of Windows. Nothing does that.

After searching the software part, I searched the Hardware part. And I saw that the processor was not being solicited correctly. Indeed only 1 core work.
Do you have a solution?

Note: This same test on an Intel processor, and everything is in order, the cores are used.

Thank you

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

cpu usage looks normal to me. I have a Ryzen 2600 with a gtx 1080 and my cpu usage is about 20-40%, running at 3.7Ghz (not overclocked) and I never really drop under 60fps (locked, very high settings). My private server is quite heavy with 250 resources (350 addon cars + ESX framework).

BTW I checked my task manager and the utilization of the cores look exactly like yours.

Try playing on a vanilla server, or any server that doesn’t have >30 resources.

Any Server i look this. With Intel i5 7600k > 100fps & 100% GPU with Ryzen > 30/40 & 30% GPU

For me, there is a problem with ryzen & Fivem. 1core to 90/100% = bottleneck
Ryzen & Gta Online server = 144fps with egal configuration. & all core is active…no 1. :frowning:

Windows tends to balance threads that don’t use a full core if there are any free cores, what you’re seeing in Task Manager has nothing to do with any functional difference - because the i7 has less cores, there aren’t any free cores to balance threads on.

In addition to that, FiveM works perfectly fine on AMD systems, this is more likely an issue with specific server scripts, not with FiveM itself.

1 Like

In this case, on the same server. Why with an i5 I am at 100fps mini with the GPU running well. And with a Ryzen, my GPU is limited to 30% and I have maximum 40fps?

For me there is a management problem between Fivem & Ryzen. We clearly see 1 heart at 90% usage and the others at 10… Unlike an Intel that will be 60 on all. (and I even play with CPU affinities to limit it to 4 Core, same finding).

Windows would balance so much that it would load 1 heart and not the others? it doesn’t hold.

1 Like

Provide some actual useful actionable information then if you’re so smart.

• Server name/address
  • ETW traces for both systems during gameplay
  • Log output
  • Resmon display
  • Literally anything?
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.