Low FPS and Stuttering

GTA V version? 1.0.1737.6
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Steam
Windows version? 1903
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes
Error screenshot (if any) N/A
System specifications AMD Athlon x4 860K, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, 7.95GB DDR3 RAM
What did you do to get this issue? Play on multiplayer servers
What server did you get this issue on? Any server
CitizenFX.log file CitizenFX_log_2019-11-23T192316.log (685.0 KB) (edited my name out the file)
.dmp files/report IDs N/A

Tried optimizing game settings through GeForce experience and normally, to try and bosst FPS. I jave also tried overclocking my GPU. Multiple people have told me there shouldn’t be an issue with my game but I get around 20fps standing still and alot of suttering and freezing. This is making the game unplayable and I am yet to find a solution to this. Any help?

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

this started happening to me as well a few weeks ago, every other game runs perfectly fine except for FiveM, I also heard so many people complain about getting a lot of fps drops only on FiveM, so I think it’s FiveM’s problem, and it needs to be fixed ASAP.
Just wanted to let you know that’s it’s not your problem and no need to worry, FiveM is optimized so bad.

Ever thought about upgrading your CPU?

8gb of ram will be an issue with a lot of custom resources on the server. Ie: cars, ymaps, retextures, etc.

Also you dont mention your resolution you’re playing at.

1 Like

Okay, any work-arounds if I can’t get more RAM?

Lower your resolution, lower video settings, play on a different server.

*most low-quality ‘RP’ servers on FiveM are, FiveM itself is fine

I’d advise looking into lore friendly servers. They’re pretty well optimised when it comes to resource sizes.

I don’t play RP I play on “Busted: Cops vs Robbers”, the only custom thing is the cars… (No custom textures or maps)

But they use so much of resources?

Lore friendly servers are the way to go. Your probably playing on a copy paste server running 400 resources, and that are unoptimized as hell. I recommend San Andreas Republic.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.