Looking for a comprehensive, up to date list of the types of OneSync available

OneSync has many types. Legacy, Plus, Infinity. Probably more (or less). I don’t know. As far as I can tell, all of the information about OneSync is spread out across a bundle of different outdated announcements and forum posts and it annoys the heck out of me. I just want to have a somewhat detailed and up-to-date list of the following (and I feel like others would too):

OneSync Types
Are they supported/maintained/updated?
How do you set your server to use them?
What requirements are there to use each? (Patreon tier, etc.) and are there restrictions?
What is the maximum player count for each?
Bonus: What use cases do they have? Are they just fancy tech demos riddled with bugs or could you feasibly use them in a public server?

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

You start the server with +set onesync (on/legacy/off)
on = onesync + infinity
legacy is just regular onesync, infinity is always recommended

Note infinity might require script changes because far-away clients don’t exist in infinity which might break scripts like scoreboards

Every onesync mode is completely free to be used below 48 slots, see https://fivem.net/server-hosting for other slot counts

Legacy = 128, Infinity = 1024

Enabling onesync allows the server to be aware of the entities in the world which also allows server sided entity scripting (spawning vehicles, getting entity position and other properties etc)

Infinity allows more clients ingame by making far-away clients not exist ingame, this also causes performance boosts since not all clients are ingame and fixes bugs with headblend. Infinity also allows such concept of ‘virtual world’s

Just to add to the above, OneSync is the go-to solution to use for synchronising clients and entities across an FXServer. Of course, nothing is bug-free, but it’s surely worth using as explained by TheIndra above my post.
Also one question that was not answered in the above post, all OneSync versions are maintained, but as of now the Infinity is recommended. You can use Legacy, but it is advised to use Infinity wherever possible. I’m also inclined to think that Legacy will not be getting many updates for the reason stated.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.