Legalities of hosting

Hi, Programmer here! Im quite experienced in C++, C#, LUA, PHP, HTML, Java (& script), Mysql, python. (Im sure i have missed one)

I want to get into the private server game and create my own private game mode etc. It wont be police rp lol.

anyway.

my question is the legalities of hosting a server, how does it work? b/c im sure this isn’t allowed under their TOS? I also plan to offer rewards for donations.

Thanks guys.

You can buy a VPS and create a dedicated server in there.
About the donations - donations are allowed only to cover the server costs, not for earning money for yourself, but you can use Tebex and earn money off of it

thanks Tebex it is, I’m still looking at options for server hosting but i already know ill be needing async features. I believe i have to use a specific hosting platform for that unless they already changed this. in which case ill host it on a linux dedicated server. (probably US location or euro depending on the where the players are)

Thanks for your help

I’d say for testing you could get away with Digital Ocean droplets. Then when you’re ready to bring players on i would move to a dedicated server.
Please don’t buy zaphosting. They’re terrible.

1 Like