Leftover city chunk if replacing level meta on build 2699+

Info

Even if you edit the gta5.meta and load it with replace_level_meta the content will still be overwrite by content.xml from various DLCs making the replace_level_meta “partially working” (even if it does what is supposed to do)

Example

If you want to remove the original map buildings (delete all _city* and hills entries) it won’t fully work since dlcMPHeistCRC:/content.xml (most likely) will add some of the buildings back as shown here:

img file path: update\update.rpf\dlc_patch\mpheist\content.xml

Info

Tested on b2060 & b2189 everything is removed from LS
But on 2699 & b2802 and perhaps any other build higher than 2189 this happens:

ignore the missing water I remove it for better visibility

Don’t call it gta5.meta if you don’t want the base game’s DLC map stuff to be added.

The actual file loaded by replace_level_meta was already renamed at the time of posting

… okay. This still doesn’t really seem like a feature request, but rather a bug report at best.

(the example XML in your screenshot would not be loaded if the level isn’t called gta5.meta, anyway, since it has an associatedMap tag)

Since you covered the bottom of the game viewport in your screenshot, do you happen to have any mods loaded by chance? I’ve seen this be specifically reported with e.g. ‘NVE’ unconditionally bundling some map changes.

Similarly, the map changes in mpsecurity (2545 2699) (edit: 2699 was missing- this was mpsum2) mpchristmas3 (2802) and mp2023_01 (2944) also do specify a level name already, so this would need more specific reproduction steps (e.g. the resource you’re using to clear out the map).

2699 2545

<Item>
      <changeSetName>mpSecurity_MAP_UPDATE</changeSetName>
      <mapChangeSetData>
        <Item>
          <associatedMap>MO_JIM_L11</associatedMap>

<Item>
      <changeSetName>MPCHRISTMAS3_MAP_UPDATE</changeSetName>
      <mapChangeSetData>
        <Item>
          <associatedMap>MO_JIM_L11</associatedMap>
          <filesToInvalidate />

[no map changes]

I don’t have any mods, if it’s indeed a bug, I could create a repo with the files as I did in the past with the other bug reports

EDIT: I’m gonna create a repository with the files

Should I continue to post it here or create a GitHub issue?

Can you please double check this being the case, or post the screenshot without the bottom cut off in case it has ‘X mod packs loaded’ shown?

Yes, please keep it here.

My \FiveM\FiveM.app\mods folder is empty

I’m cleaning my resource a bit and posting it on github in a few minutes

Right- thanks. This might actually be a bug by then, though awkwardly enough one not reported often enough before - I presume usually people just went back to the other build rather than loudly reporting or asking about this.

I’ll check on it shortly.

1 Like

I can indeed confirm this behavior:

It appears that patchday27ng, introduced in build 2699, seems to include a change for dt1_*, which is indeed not flagged as a map-dependent change:

<Item>
            <changeSetName>CCS_PATCHDAY27_NG_STREAMING_MAP</changeSetName>
            <filesToEnable>
                <Item>dlc_patchday27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/dt_additions.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchDay27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_citye/Downtown_01/downtown_01_metadata.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchDay27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_citye/Downtown_01/dt1_15.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchDay27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_citye/Downtown_01/dt1_lod.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchDay27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_citye/Downtown_01/dt1_occl.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchDay27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_citye/Hollywood_01/hollywood_metadata.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchDay27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_citye/Hollywood_01/hw1_01.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchDay27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_citye/Hollywood_01/hw1_28.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchDay27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_citye/Hollywood_01/hw1_blimp.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchDay27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_citye/Sunset/bt1_04.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchDay27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_citye/Sunset/ss1_occl.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchDay27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_citye/Sunset/sunset.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchDay27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_citye/Sunset/sunset_metadata.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchday27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_cityw/Beverly_01/beverly.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchday27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_cityw/Beverly_01/beverly_metadata.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchday27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_cityw/Beverly_01/bh1_38.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchday27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_cityw/Beverly_01/bh1_40.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchday27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_cityw/Beverly_01/bh1_43.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchday27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_cityw/Beverly_01/bh1_occl.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchday27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_cityw/Santamon_01/santamon_metadata.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchday27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_cityw/Santamon_01/santamon.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchday27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_cityw/Santamon_01/sm_20.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchday27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_cityw/Santamon_01/sm_lod.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchday27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_cityw/Santamon_01/sm_occl.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchday27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_cityw/Santamon_01/sm_rd.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchday27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_cityw/Venice_01/venice_metadata.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchday27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_cityw/Venice_01/vb_10.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchday27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_cityw/Venice_01/vb_19.rpf</Item>
                <Item>dlc_patchday27NG:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_cityw/Venice_01/vb_34.rpf</Item>
            </filesToEnable>

This’ll require a code change to mitigate, likely by explicitly marking that changeset to be ignored if a custom level gets loaded.

1 Like

I see, well thanks for looking into this and I’ll keep an eye on github for any changes in that regard if you ever plan to / can do something about it

This’ll be fixed once fix(level-loader/five): no more city chunk if replacing map on b2699+ by blattersturm · Pull Request #2177 · citizenfx/fivem · GitHub is merged and built.

1 Like

Excellent find and report. Thanks @del1an and d-bubble.