Learn scripting

What is the fastest and best way to learn to scripting for free? (LUA)

have knowledge of LUA and Document
Youtube(not recomended)
Google
look at resource codes

1 Like

Youtube can be a really good place to learn a few languages as long as it’s a reputable channel and as long as you can learn that way.

freeCodeCamp is a good one. it’s not fivem specific but they have good courses to show the basics for languages ranging from Lua, c#, java, js, c, c++, PHP, and a few others.

i personally learned over the years started with gmod in 2012 and now i know c# and Lua, js, html, css and i can get around with c++

1 Like

The best thing I can say is to learn the language first, then learn how to integrate that into FiveM. Your experience will be much smoother if you understand the basics of the language first. Also, stay with it. It’s going to take some time, but if you put like an hour aside every day and do some coding, you’ll pick up on things very quickly.

1 Like

you are right
i learned many things in youtube but i couldn’t learn fivem with that so i wrote not recomended so that he/she would not lost him time

1 Like

There are plenty of detailed tutorials on YouTube and their creators spent a lot of time on making those.
Just because you can’t find a tutorial doesn’t mean everyone else is going to be unable to.

Jeva is a great content creator for tutorials and he has tutorials on FiveM and Discord&Twitch bots.

DiscworldZA is a developer known for his “disc” resources and you can watch how he writes scripts, you can learn a lot about NUI from this guy.

DaZepelin also has a few detailed tutorials on his channel.

Just a few examples that you can find with 5 minutes of searching, good luck.

1 Like

I dont know i searched too many times and i couldn’t find this guys

I started with Jeva but he didn’t explain and just wrote codes
So i couldn’t find a full and good channel for fivem toturial
If you know please tell me what is that name
Thank you

This is a bit confusing because Jeva explains everything in his videos starting from the 1st part of his tutorial series. He also provides the github link to the code you can see on the video.

The only thing that might confuse people is if they don’t know what the FiveM natives do, and you can see all of them here.
If you see something you don’t understand in a video, you can look up what the native does and try to figure out what’s going on. Even though all these tutorials barely scratch the surface of in-depth development they’re enough for people to learn the basics of FiveM development and get them to learn more on their own.

I usually send his playlist to people who are new to FiveM development and everyone has been happy with them so far.

What exactly are you looking for? LUA, JS, C#, MLO, NUI?

1 Like

I am looking for lua.

Hey bud, the best way to learn Lua for FiveM would be to follow Jeva’s videos.

Follow this playlist from part 1 and you’ll understand the fundamentals of FiveM resource development in Lua.

1 Like

I second this, Get an understanding of the chosen language then start to develop basic stuff, Once you are familiar with how things work in terms of FiveM/ESX or the chosen framework then upscale on projects.