Lag spikes and texture loss when near and in city

(Note that I did look it up and no one else’s solutions helped/ applied to me)

GTA V version? Latest
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Steam
Windows version? Windows 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes, but it only slightly helped (basically just helped corner store interiors load faster, still not great. Also, when I enter a corner store and then exit the map really starts to struggle loading)
Error screenshot (if any) N/A
System specifications Core i3 8100 ( Quad core, 3.60 Hz), GTX 1060 (6GB), 1TB WD HDD, 8GB DDR4
What did you do to get this issue? Go into the city/ around other players
What server did you get this issue on? Most servers, worse on Department of Homeland Security RP
CitizenFX.log file New to FiveM, N/A
.dmp files/report IDs N/A

I tried:

Lowering graphics settings all the way
Setting FiveM priority in task manager to real-time
Ending all unused programs in task manager
Reinstalling FiveM

This is probably because of the amount of addons or the amount of players in the server, but I would like to see if anything can be done to at least solve the texture loss so I can play the server half-decently. When I am away from the city and/or other players, the game works perfectly with a solid 60 FPS and no lag spikes.

If it is an internet issue, I’m out of luck because Spectrum is the only ISP in my area (Other than Frontier, but that caused way too many issues in the past)

1 Like

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

im also having a loss of textures but not only in the city i get it everywhere have you found a fix?

Not yet, but I just gave up and started playing other servers

Simple fix for texture loss is to put ur textures to normal and if thats not very effective put post processing to normal to if u need any other help just say :slight_smile:

I’ll try that, thanks. I don’t like the look of the game at normal but I guess I’ll have to deal with it

2 Likes

Textures on normal dont look to bad and also u could try a higher settings like high ect…

Is there any way to help the lag spikes? I can run the game at all ultra 60FPS in Story Mode, but as soon as I try to play the server, it goes to shit

Fivem uses alot of resources and decreased fps i recommend using a lower settings than normal gta 5 also vsync might be turned on and frame scaling also turn them both off is they are :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.