It's kicking from the server with the error "Lost connection to authentication service. Verify your internet connectivity and try again later."

What is the issue you’re having?

Recently, I started getting kicked about every 3-10 minutes of the game with the error “Lost connection to authentication service. Verify your internet connectivity and try again later.” .Also, when I’m kicked off the server, the server I just played on shows that it’s turned off and literally after a couple of seconds it works again, although my Internet is working fine.

What have you tried already to fix the issue?

I tried deleting the game cache, checking my internet and status page, and reinstalling FiveM.

What server did you get this issue on?

On all the servers I connect to.

Error screenshot(s)


Windows version

Windows 11 Pro

System specifications

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 6-Core Processor (3.50 GHz)
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050TI (4gb)
Random access memory: 16gb

Antivirus software

Microsoft Defender

CitizenFX crash zip file (‘Save information’ on a crash)

CfxCrashDump_2026_01_17_10_37_52.zip (2 MB)

Log files

CitizenFX_log_2026-01-17T102447.log (616 KB)

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

status page

Are you from Russia? I’ve noticed a few people from Russia got this recently. I assume one of the ISPs or Russia in general has started blocking FiveM-related domains for some unknown reason. For some people even the server browser isn’t working. Probably one of these domains is blocked, causing the authentication to fail:

https://cfx.re
https://cnl.cfx-services.net

The only solution I can think of sadly is to use a VPN. Or to contact your ISP and ask for the domains to be unblocked :frowning:

That’s likely not a thing, from what I know stuff is blocked on the government level there - calling an ISP won’t do anything.

Besides using a VPN (make sure to use proper traffic obfuscation!), players from Russia should also try using software like GoodbyeDPI (likely doesn’t work that well as it’s pretty old and not updated) or zapret (likely works better but needs a lot of wiki reading and testing)

Yes, I’m from Russia. My friends had the same problem, but it was solved somehow, but I still have it.