Issues with port forwarding 30110 on a home hosted server

Hello so today I was setting up a new host so I was port fowarding and a few months ago I had no issues with forwarding but today my 30110 port wont go though. I have tried redoing the port and restarting my router. Any help is welcome here.

Thanks. -GhostTurtle

(edit I forgot to upload the screenshot lol)

1 Like

Port 30120 is the default FiveM port.

I know 30120 is the port for fivem but port 30110 is for the server list which is what I currently am having issues with. I tried following some other forum posts but with no success.

If I am not mistaken, 30110 is an outbound port, meaning you only send from that port, you don’t receive, thus you shouldn’t need to port forward it, just make sure it’s added to your firewall to allow outbound connections. Try double checking this.

1 Like

I am abit confused here would I check the firewall settings on my router or my server and I read online 30110 needs to be fowarded for it to work.

Every step in the process I suppose; not sure sorry.

Its fine but I am just confused since the last time I had a server i forwared 30110 then it showed up on the server list but right now its not showing up.

You will need to put the ports in your firewall then it should work I didn’t port forward the 30110 and my server shows up in the list.

This is all that I have done.

Im pretty sure you fixed my issue since ive never seen the resolving host error before and after where it says “Cleaning” is where I

added the ports on my servers firewall and I am pretty sure its working now. ill watch it to see if it shows on the list but it did fix one issue IO was having.

1 Like

Nevermind its still happening

Sometime it can take up to 24 hours for it to propagate to FiveM server list. Let the server run and keep checking it over time. As long as the server is running and you can connect direct with no issues.

Ok I will let it run overnight but I would like this to be a public server so people will be able to find it on the server list as id like to start building a community soon. But thanks for the help Ill give a update in the morning when I wake up.

Update your server artifacts version, this is super old.

I believe I am having the same issue on my VPS. I have 6 IP addresses on my VPS. The 192 address is the endpoint assigned in the server config. The same process is also using the 74 IP address shown below which for I do not have a FiveM server on. I’m pretty sure this is the heartbeat connection since I’m currently resolving the shown heartbeat host name to the 104 address that is being used. If you go to the detailed server view for that IP, https://servers.fivem.net/servers/detail/74.91.126.71:30125, you will see the server I have on the 192 address. If you try to connect it will fail since I don’t have a server on that IP, but if you direct connect to the 192 address you will see the same server details and be able to join.

My guess is that you either have another IP address or more likely, the heartbeat is being sent on your IPv6 address. In which case you should be able to see your server on the detail page, https://servers.fivem.net/servers/detail/YOURIPv6ADDRESS:30120, assuming the server list accepts v6 IPs.

1 Like

I just updated it 10 mins ago and I am still having the same issue. I am not sure if I did something wrong or what but this is confusing. If it helps I downloaded this server from a zap server then changes the ip and ports in the server.cfg and then added a key there. It could be another thing zap does but its confusing.

I dont really understand what you are trying to say tbh. Its just all flying over my head lol. But in all the tutorials I have seen and forum posts read port 30110 is for the heartbeat for the server list. I also tried the ipv6 thing and its not working. The way I connect to the server since my router dosent support call backs is using the ipv4 address of my server instead of my public address since when I do that it downloads the scripts but on connecting it fails to get info after 3 attempts.

1 Like

Update I let my server run overnight and I just checked on canyouseeme.org and apparently now neither port is working. I just restarted my router to no avail. Am I doing something wrong since I had this working a few months ago no issues.

Year old topic