Is there anything that can be done about this?

So someone had joined my server and cloned my files somehow. They had no access to anything what so ever and now they are selling my files for $5 USD what can I do about this? also he has other server files like Extra Life Roleplays files.

You can’t, keep all important content in the server. You can consider using the escrow system as an extra layer of security

Well is this not some kind of security breach between FiveM because he cloned the files my joining my server.

Without direct access to your VPS, he cannot do more than “clone” the client-sided files, which is not a security breach from FiveM’s end. Anything that gets sent to a client can be retrieved by anyone, whether it’s a website or any other FiveM resource. That’s why the best practice is to write as much code on the server side as possible.

1 Like

But he literally was able to grab my files by just joining my server he did not look at the resource section and search them on google he got the Server IP and I have also not given that to anyone.

Like it’s already been said, either you are exposing all you files in the client and should stop or he is selling client code

Im not though. I am not an idiot

Since you have to be in the server to get the client-sided files, such as scripts and streamed assets, there is nothing special about him dumping them whilst in-game. If your server is listed on FiveM, getting its IP is pretty easy if you know how to. Overall, the person didn’t do any dark magic or something like that.

It is improbable for an individual who lacks proficiency in writing code to establish a connection between client-side and server-side scripts. It is worth noting that those who engage in such activities, commonly referred to as “script kiddies,” typically do not possess the necessary expertise to accomplish this task. Therefore, if one decides to dump a server, it is likely that only a minimal amount of personal information will be compromised. :slight_smile: