Is Adhesive by any chance ever going to be supported over FiveM/Proton?

So I’m aware that the Linux situation is a little nifty. You have to make Wine report the target platform to be running at Windows 7 for FiveM to run at all because of Wines lack of support of UWP and even then it runs in “Insecure mode” as adhesive does not support Wine at all.

However, ignoring these issues. I was able to run FiveM just fine on Linux client side on proton. I even self hosted a server on the same system with sv_lan set to 1 and adhesive removed from components.json. The experience was good enough to not notice a difference (Aside from not being authenticated).

So considering Wine is able to run the Windows 7 compatible mode just fine, is Adhesive something I and other Linux players could at least be hopeful for? I’m admittedly not willing to adopt Windows again just for this game.

1 Like

No. It’s extremely unlikely unless Wine folks start implementing Windows syscalls accurately enough here.

Making any sort of side-by-side implementation for Linux-like platforms directly is way out of range for our capacity.

Well that is annoying. So no patches could be expected for it to run inside Wine or Proton (aka. Wine/Proton is limited to insecure mode indefinitely?).
Sucks to not be able to play on most servers in the near future then, a full Windows VM is not worth to install and set up for this one game in my opinion. Might as well delete the account if I can’t really use it for anything.