Introducing Asset Escrow for your resources

While I get that, I doubt the cfx team saw an urgency to implement that. I personally don’t even reupload the FX manifest, I just edit the version number directly on GitHub to trigger the server console update notice. So wether they implement this, I’m not too bothered, but it would be nice to do it all from 1 location.

1 Like

The new system is looking really good and we’d like to thank the FiveM team for their hard work in getting this released.

We are now making sure all of our paid resources are using this system and we look forward to future releases, knowing our assets will be protected.

Additionally, our customers will be reassured that they have full control of their purchase.

What if someone purchases a script which is not a subscription based and they chargeback or I refund them?
Will they lose access to the resource?

1 Like

What exactly happens if someone already bought a script before the conversion to the new FiveM Asset? Will they gain access to it as well?

I have tried it with a client and my least bought script. He cannot access it from his keymaster page. I converted that package yesterday (around 24 hours ago).

If that is the case in general, this is just a pain. For now the only way around would be a refund and re-purchase of the script to get access… That just can’t be right?

I have hundreds of customers. If they all just suddenly are restricted access to their downloads… Won’t even talk about the shitstorm that will happen after converting…

Im tranfer Asset escrow wrong. How can I fix it?

You can use Tebex API to create a manual payment for every transaction you had using the old system. This will ensure the buyers will have the new asset appear in their keymaster automatically. There is no easier way to do it currently. Tebex advises to do one request per second so you don’t get throttled if you choose to do it like that.

Why exactly is there a limit 8KB limit on the .yft files? I think it should be increased to like 10KB at least or why not to the FiveM limit of 16KB?

Thanks for the headsup :slight_smile:

Haven’t even thought about the API since I don’t use Tebex Premium (yet). I wanted to wait til I had just a little bit more of a revenue (this month looks reeeeaaaally bad D: )

But looks like I just have to at this point.

1 Like

Hey, I don’t think you need to purchase premium. You could create a new package on your tebex store and add your fivem asset to it, then go to restrictions in that package and add your old package as a restriction

Then go to limits and set the limit to 1 purchase, no period

Set the price to 0 and upload your asset

I haven’t tested but this should work, the old customers will just have to “purchase” the new package (for €0) to get their download

1 Like

‘8 KB’?

‘the FiveM limit’?

Huh?

Yea well, I’m a Pepega. You don’t even need Premium for the API. Already trying some things out to see how it works.

After all you literally have to use the API if you want to monetize a server haha.

But yea, I don’t want my user to have to take an extra step. You know how it is with users and “following instructions” to get what they want :smiley:

1 Like

File size limit.

Still: ‘8 KB’?

There seems to be a limit of 8 Kilobytes on a YFT file that you upload to the keymaster assets.

1 Like

That’d be very odd. Are you sure you mean ‘kilobytes’?

1 Like

Nice work!
Great alternative to obfuscation.

1 Like

Like the implementation but.
Any idea when C# runtime will be supported?

Oof, meant MB so 8 Megabytes

1 Like

JS & C# support does not have a precise ETA yet, but is worked on. We’ll provide a better timeframe once development has progressed a bit more!

We recommend to update your existing Tebex packages to use your newly created asset. Where necessary, you can provide your existing customers with a 100% discount voucher to get them on your new asset :slight_smile:

When you publish updates, you’ll currently have to notify users yourself. However, we are looking into automated notifications in the future.

Yes, their grant will be revoked upon chargeback/refund.

You can’t transfer assets uploads, they are tied to the account they were originally uploaded on.
And assets from the “Purchased assets” tabs cannot be removed unless a chargeback or refund is made through Tebex for this specific asset. :slight_smile:

There is no size limit on these files, what is the exact error you’re experiencing? Could you send us the resource you’re uploading for us to take a closer look at? You can send us a message via support@fivem.net :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Alright, I’ve sent an email.