Infinite loading screen when joining server (Revolver Cylinder keeps spinning in the bottom right)

RDR2 version? 1.0.1491.50
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit Copy bought from G2A
Steam/Epic Games/Social Club? Social Club
Windows version? Windows 11
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes, about 3 times
Error screenshot (if any)

System specifications CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1660 Super | RAM: 16GB
What did you do to get this issue? Today, April 3rd 2024. It’s the first time I ever had this issue
What server did you get this issue on? Glenwood County but this issue is on all servers I try to connect to
Latest CitizenFX_log file N/A
.dmp files/report IDs N/A

If an issue with starting:
RDR2 folder screenshot N/A
RDR2/x64/dlcpacks screenshot N/A
Filepath to RedM folder N/A
RedM client folder screenshot N/A
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? N/A
Did you start Rockstar Games Launcher not as admin? N/A

Also add what you already tried so far.
I have tried task manager quitting RedM, Steam, and Rockstar Launcher, as well as attempting a revert on any system updates, F8 quitting as well, F8 connecting to Glenwood County, uninstalled and reinstalled RedM 2 times, restarted my PC multiple times too, verified the RDR2 game files once. I’ve tried to reconnect to Glenwood County multiple times with no prevail.

1 Like

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Here are some options to try that have worked for others in our RedM server, hopefully they work for you!

• Ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date (if that doesn’t work, downgrade)
  • Ensure that you’re not running Steam/RedM as an Administrator (it should warn you, but there are special cases)
  • Ensure that your antivirus + firewall is not deleting any files, and verify Red Dead Redemption 2’s game files (Steam):
    • Library → Right click on Red Dead Redemption 2 → Properties → Installed Files → Verify integrity of game files
  • Enter Read Dead Redemption 2 story mode or Red Dead Online for at least 20 minutes.
  • Epic Games Users: Do not run EG as an Administrator, and please watch the video below for instructions:
  • Last resort: Completely uninstall and reinstall both Red Dead Redemption 2 and RedM (do not install RedM until RDR2 is finished). ADDITONALLY: Unfortunately, if nothing else works, you may have corrupted Windows registry files, and will need to completely factory reset your computer if you cannot safely clean your files.