Increase "streamed drawables limit" visible on other clients

Hello, I’ve already ‘reported’ it to bubble, but probably it got lost somewhere, so I guess posting here will remind about it :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know if I named topic properly, but here’s what is now and what I want to be done:

Currently there is some sort of ‘limit’ that other players can see on other player.
I have made jbib’s from 0 up to 128, client 1 can wear jbib number 128, but client 2 doesn’t see it.

Repro resource:
clothingshit.zip (3.8 MB)

• arrow left/right to change jbib by 1
  • arrow down to set jbib to 503 (that’s the jbib_122 in files - only at 2189)
  • jbib_128 is not visible for other clients
    And a small photo how these jbib’s in repro resource look:
3 Likes

As I know, sometime client cannot download all files because of internet problem. You can share your server cache to other client, then it working.

._.

Unrelated thing entirely and what? If such a thing happens provide a repro or an affected cache that has failed to ‘download all files because of internet problem’ so it can be fixed.

Probably that guy has no idea what I’m talking about.
I’ve provided repro and described what is a problem, I should just flag that reply instead :stuck_out_tongue:

If you need more info, let me know!

1 Like

Just recently figured out that there was a problem with the clothing stuff.

This and the .ymt limit problem is a big pain in the bum. Hope it’ll get fixed in the future.

This limitation is caused by the limited count of bits that can be used for per-DLC drawable index in data nodes. Current limit is 7 bits which gives us maximum of 127 available drawable indexes per DLC.

This might be easy to fix at some point, but we lack any test suits in order to make sure that everything will work as expected after the fix.

2 Likes

I guess it is worth a try, isn’t testing purpose of canary client? (I suppose that change is client-sided?)
One time Bubble tried to fix few clothing-related bugs, and it was backed out after few hours because of increase in random crashes

Personally I don’t use mptuner dlc on my server because of this and .ymt limit, we have to redo all .ymt’s so it won’t crash, but that’s a lot and not fun work :frowning:

1 Like

Sorry, but what .ymt limit you’re talking about?

1 Like

This comment and thread itself will probably explain it.

1 Like

I guess it is worth a try, isn’t testing purpose of canary client?

Canary is usually not for very experimental stuff which can cause lots of regressions. Implementing such a feature will also require to work on backward compatibility. And that’s not possible without a proper testing suits, or maybe even few.

1 Like

Understandable! In my opinion it should be considered to work on it (or increasing .ymt limit - whichever is easier to implement) because probably in next R* DLC it will be only two .ymt’s limit if they won’t increase it by themselves.
Waiting for any updates regarding these changes!

Also found out that 2 people have their own version of a T-shirt on the same server. One of them reported that he saw the same tshirt (with different texture) on another server and thus could see that tshirt in another server.

Might be related to skipping download or internet problem.