In game mic volume is too quiet/non existant

IF YOU DO NOT FILL THIS OUT, YOUR TOPIC WILL BE UNLISTED AND CLOSED

To receive support, please fill out the following template, and remove this top text.

GTA V version? Idk
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Steam
**Windows version?**10
**Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again?**No because it wont download
**Error screenshot (if any)**Nope
System specificationsnone
**What did you do to get this issue?**None
**What server did you get this issue on?**None
CitizenFX crash zip fileNone
CitizenFX.log fileNonE
.dmp files/report IDsNoNe

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot
Filepath to FiveM folder
FiveM client folder screenshot
Which antivirus/firewall software are you using?
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?

Also add what you already tried so far.

All my voice settings are up and my OBS says im talking loudly so this must be a issue with FiveM
Also I tried different mic and still nothing. again I can talk in other applications just when I get to FiveM nobody can hear me

1 Like

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Please provide a screenshot of your Voice Chat settings, make sure you have the proper selected Input Device, and preferably use push to talk, as 99% of people do not want to hear you cough, sneeze, fart, or talking to people out of game.

Mine looks like that with the rick microphone selected but my mic volume is fully up im not on that right now but ill post a picture in a bit

That is strange, I’ve had no experience with using a xbox headset(sorry got confused when i saw xbox :P) as mic, is that plugged into the controller or the PC jack?
If it is in the controller I really dont know, it could mean that FiveM doest have the coding or driver to suppprt that type of input, if your headset has the standard general 3.5mm jack, trying plugging it into the microphone input of your PC (you may need to change your settings on windows and in FiveM voice chat to match the PC’s input name), as far as I am aware this and USB microphones are all that FiveM supports.
Have you tried the same setup on GTA Online and does it work?

If all else fails you could try and join my Dev Server and see what happens just search DefectGaming its the only one there.

2 Likes

Its turtle beaches wireless and it has a USB plug in hooked to my computer. but I have my other headset which is wired and it still didn’t work that’s why I switched to my turtles. also what dev server on discord? or something else?

Sorry I should have said FiveM server. Happy to help and thank you for your assistance with the addon, also welcome to the community.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.