Idea / Suggestion for model listings

I think it would be a good idea to have a requirement for people who sell models in which they would need to include the poly count and texture file size within their listings, at least for vehicles. Just how script sellers need to include information such as requirements, lines of code etc… I see a lot of vehicles being sold that look really nice but have ridiculously high poly counts and texture sizes from what I’ve heard off some friends, this one guy had a vehicle with 600 - 700k polys and a texture file that was almost over the FiveM limit of 16mb and I’m sure nobody would have purchased said vehicle knowing this information. Another reason I think this would be beneficial is it might encourage creators to push out better quality models since this information would need to be public and people would be aware of what they’re buying.

That ‘limit’ has been fixed quite some time ago by the way.

There’s multiple different ways people can measure this and by this point I think this would then almost need an automated tool to format this output (maybe one can be added to the asset upload tool as well, for paid stuff?) as people will possibly do it wrongly and ‘texture file size’ isn’t really relevant to any issues that might happen as a txd full of 4096x4096 fully transparent textures will be small on disk but actually be causing the exact same issues.

(also, some people actually boast with huge poly counts as if ‘bigger is better’)

Anyway, yeah something like this is requested fairly often and it does seem needed, ideally we’d have this all be automated, but this needs an API from Tebex that we don’t have yet, I’ll ask around for that though as otherwise it is kind of hard to do such a thing…

2 Likes

Yeah an automated system would be more efficient and would rule out any issues with people providing incorrect information as you said

1 Like