I have edited a GTA V building inside 3ds Max to remove the (fake)doors. How do I export and replace this model correctly?

I am using GIMS Evo + 3ds Max 2017.

I can’t find any help about this issue. If there is already help I can use then please link it :slightly_smiling_face:

I want to repalce the building with my edited version of it so the doors are open.

How do I do this and how would I end up putting it onto a server?

Thank you for any help.

Im having same problem When I put in the new files into my resource/stream folder no changes take effect the static door is still there… i dont see how it cant overright the map files it runs of to begin with if you just add the edited files to the folder. Im editing the files in 3dds max with GIMS using open iv to convert back and forth I just dont get where you delete the original map files the server is using…

after editing collision files in 3ds and put the edited .ybn in my resource/stream folder The doors I removed are still there (statis door) iv watched every texture edit and map change video out there and cant figure it out … I know how to make custom interions and stream them as .ymaps that works fine but editing say hw1_14.ydr and addding it to the stream folder doesnt seem to overright the pre existing one. so my changes dont take effect?
and yes i use openIV and GIMS to convert back and forth
Is there somthing I need to change in the way fiveM loads the map files to NOT load the maps Iv edited and added to the stream folder?

You’re going to want to check out these video tutorials:

1 Like

As little help as that video is iv already watched it… iv gotten that far i can edit the files… It a matter of streaming them and them Overrighting the existing ones… Im putting in edited files that the servers already streaming so my changes just get over lapped by that already there … all i want to do is DELETE STATIC DOORS to get access into building to build in them and add useable doors… i Find it so stupid that noone has any info on… REMOVING STATIC DOORS

What do you mean? That video shows you how to remove the door(s) via 3ds max and remove the collision.

Then just use codewalker to put in a door there of your choice and make sure it has the flags for movable doors and that should be removing static doors and then replacing it with a functional door. Mind you you’ll still have to build the interior for said building.

When I do all that and put the new files into my resource folder THERE IS NO CHANGE. thats what i mean… as in if the files where never there to begin with…

I guess IM looking on how to remove something that already load into the map… like the side of a wall… I no how to do it but dont no how to load it into the fiveM server… ya you put it in the resource/stream folder… Just like a custom interior .Ymap I can load custom Interiors no problem… its when I WANT to remove a static objects that already in the map… like a window or a wall. like i say I no how to remove everything in 3ds and use open IV to get it back to the file format. but my edits dont take effect the map just loads the shit I removed… NOT OBJECTS but static ITEMS like posters windows walls doors

lets take for example building : hw1_14 After extracting the file into GIMS and then removeing the doors and whatever els I want I delete the hole fucknig building i dont care… once it goes back into the fiveM resource folder… nothing happens the building loads in AS ALREADY a asset getting loaded … Im just added a layer Or removing one but its still beeing streamed from somewhere els>? I dont fucking know.

IM not looking to add anything special I want to remove a door that is static. not a object. to gain access to interior to make the interior. I dont see how this is not already a thing.

Try downloading other singleplayer map mods and copying what they did to get their stuff to load. Thats what I did and now I have a folder that I can use to replace buildings. I will be unable to explain it though unfortunately.

Well Iv Had some major progress today. had to update my __Resource folder in my map section to a newer dlc version and my changes take effect the doors still visible but I am able to walk thru them now :smile: Im sure im like only another 8 hair pulling hours away from mastering it :stuck_out_tongue: