I have been threatened by a developer who has multiple discord user accounts

hi i have searched high and low for a solution to my issue and find nothing. Trying to get ahold of someone is very, very difficult. I had a developer working on my game server and things just simply did not work out. He became angry because I was not comfortable with releasing to him my server passwords and such, our initial agreement was that he would show me how to develop my own server and so those requests he made where not needed in my opinion. When i denied his request, he became irate and began to threaten me with nuking my server. This person also has and is developing their own game server on fivem and is also working and developing other folks game servers on fivem as well. He has multiple discord accounts and he is stating that one’s server base is outdated and in need of an up to date server base essentials like esx extended and ox sql and so on meanwhile i am not very familiar with any of these things at all being a new server owner and all i am just learning all of these things. How do i report this person and all their accounts? Someone like this should not be allowed in our communities at all this is just horrible and he needs to be stopped! Someone please help me. (A small message for fivem i have all the messages between us even from his alternate accounts i need help and guidance please.)

2 Likes

Nothing CFX can really do about it, this is a private matter by the sounds of it.

1 Like

check your pm brother ill try to help you set your server up

3 Likes

Such things are impossible to prevent. You’ll be better off to start learning how to do things yourself instead. One step at a time. It’s not that difficult as it might look at the beginning. And it’s quite fun as well!

Start small, with little edits, read documentation and just try to enjoy the process.

Professionals in any industry have often than not verifiable history of result oriented behavior and in 99.5% weight their time by gold. Getting strangers to work for you for free is just gonna drive you to complain in public like this.

2 Likes

Funny thing is this is not a complaint i am trying to get cfx /fivem to do something about this guy but i do not know how to get them to even respond to any of my messages i have done most things myself it’s not rocket science to dome some things, but others take a bit of know how there is nothing anywhere to help you along either so at some points you find yourself stuck. Not fun!

best bet is to block said person, if they are harassing you and making multiple accounts to do so on Discord, then that’s something you will have to report to Discord Trust & Safety. Cfx cannot do anything about that.

You can read this article here it may point you in the right direction on how you should handle this situation: https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/10989121220631-How-to-Protect-Your-Server-from-Raids-101

1 Like

CFX is not here to babysit anyone’s partnership decisions. They’re already stretched out thin as they are on more important stuff only they can work on.

Do better due diligence prior to letting such individuals get too close to you, would be my advice. Better than dealing with consequences later. Of course, you’ll run into a*sholes at times. Nothing CFX not community can do about it. Even if they wanted to.

3 Likes

This happeens alot in fivem, I have been scammed that much it isnt funny or just doing nothing I have asked/paid for … I was meant to drop over a month ago then being delayed by multi devs who have scammed or only done half of what I paid for and try asking for more etc.

2 Likes

It sucks that anyone has to deal with such people. But on the bright side, you’ll learn more about damage control. That comes really handy IRL too.

I just know I’m sick of it I wish that for once I could just meet a developer that says what he or she means and does what he or she says and stands up to their word a person who is honest and trust worthy a responsible person is that too much to ask for ?

Also @LeeDemon I see that it was the first time you had posted when you responded to my post… WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY!

1 Like

I will have some availability to take on 1 or 2 more clients starting next week after the 22nd of October. I take development seriously and can get the tasks you need done at a fair rate. If you’re tired of being scammed shoot me a dm.