Huge FPS Drops in Fivem In every Server

To receive support, please fill out the following template, and remove this top text.

GTA V version? Latest
Up to date? yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Steam
Windows version? Latest Windows 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? yes
Error screenshot (if any) No
System specifications i have a Ge-force 860m overclocked and 8 gb of ram core i3
What did you do to get this issue? mainly when driving but just random drops out of nowhere gta online and story mode run a solid 60 frames without any drops but fivem 60 to like 5 and right back up and does a few times before i just give up
What server did you get this issue on? All servers
CitizenFX.log file ?
.dmp files/report IDs

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot
Filepath to FiveM folder
FiveM client folder screenshot
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Yes

Tried Reinstalling fivem , reinstall gta 5 , factory reset pc tired loweing settings to lowest possible n gta 5 story mode on run very high everything solid 60 frames no drops but when it comes to fivem lowered everything solid 60 but huge drops i made sure all drivers were up to date i do not what to do at this point

FiveM is more heavy opposed to GTA5 online due to the resources servers use, there isnt a whole lot that can be done.

what could i upgrade on my pc to fix it?

you are playing on a laptop? you said you have a 860M “mobile” so there isnt much you can do there… but… make sure its actually using the Nvidia graphics and not the intel one.

how would i do that?

i mean cant i buy a new graphics card and stuff what should i buy to fix it?

If you are playing on a laptop no, you can not can change the videocard.

unless its a high end gaming laptop which that videocard suggests it isnt.

no i play on a alien ware alpha its just the laptop graphics card it came with

but how can i make sure it using the nivdia card not intel?

it does not have a replaceable GPU sadly, this is why custom built pc’s are the way to go :wink:

and im not sure as i dont ever play games on a laptop or a desktop that may as well be a laptop with dual graphics.

just google it.

ok thanks but so there is nothing else i can do?

not really, you got no upgrade path with that machine.

all i can suggest is try finding a server that does not have 200 resources.

i just dont get how it goes from 60 down to 5 and right back up

Are you up to date with Windows, drivers, etc?

yes im am up to date with every thing

Have you tried maybe installing the Creator’s Update for Windows? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

has this been out forever?

idk but its says i already have it

Yeah, I saw it worked for some people and I tried to download it. Unfortunately it didn’t work. If you find a fix, please tell me.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.