[How-to] [Tutorial] Addon weapon icons without hex editing (Easy)

Hey! Making this tutorial because there’s some kind of cult protecting the addon weapon icon community for some reason, and they refuse to give any information regarding it, so Sati and I decided to figure it out and make it into an easy to follow tutorial. Here ya go!
(A ton of credit goes out to negbook, he was the brains behind this operation)

Resources that are needed:
A weapon icon, FFDEC, hud.gfx.

All resources are included in the description, including text instructions (If you’re into that)

EDIT:

Forgot to mention it in the tutorial, however if you’re adding more than 1 weapon, you will have to add a ShowFrameTag individually from a RemoveObject2 tag because FFDEC will try to add the RemoveObject2 tag inside of the last ShowFrameTag created. Example:

8 Likes

This took us too long to figure out lmao, nice tutorial :smiley:

So I had an issue trying to do multiple icons in 1 section it wouldn’t let me create another video frame when you have to do the remove part it would only put it in the last one do you know how I can fix this ?

What do you mean? Can you send an example?

I’ll send it soon but just to create a second icon in the same weapon wheel action for the remove option doesn’t let me create a new on it uses the old frame

POST EDITED because i found the solution myself, so sharing here.

If you have your addon weapon overlapping with other weapons like in this picture :

You simply forgot to set depth : 1 to the RemoveObject2 inside of your SLOT_WEAPON_YOURNUMBER.

I’m facing an issue with adding more than one weapon in a category.
Added a new frame inside of SLOT_WEAPONS_4 reaching a total of 20, the weapon worked perfectly without any issue, though i have more than one addon melee weapon, but whenever i do the step to add a new one to the SLOT_WEAPONS_4 it’s getting added inside the latest frame and not adding a new frame, let me show you

Doing like in the tutorial, adding a tag, RemoveObject2Tag on SLOT_WEAPONS_4

But when i click it add it inside the frame 20 instead of addin a 21 frame.

I tried to edit directly the number of frames to reach 21 but still.

Don’t know if it’s capped to 20 it’s also happening when i try to add more than one frame to another category that isn’t at 20 (rifle being 15) or if i’m doing something wrong.

Thanks a lot !

Hello, I forgot to mention it in the tutorial, however if you’re adding more than 1 weapon to a category, you cannot use the “RemoveObject2” shortcut to quickly create a new frame, instead you have to add a ShowFrameTag > RemoveObject2 like so:

Thank you for the answer, will try that tomorrow and see if it does work, you rocks ! Thanks for the tutorial.

1 Like

thank you! finally someone create tutorial :pray:

1 Like

Oh that’s interesting. Can you try checking your FiveM artifacts version (Probably not that…) and your GTA build version and telling me what you’re on? I don’t think I have experienced this issue in the past.
Obviously not a solution, but maybe try downgrading your build version and tell me what version it breaks on?