[How-to] Stream vehicles/models from server to client

is this for addons too?

I’ve edit the post to be compatible with the new FX server. So people no longer get caught on the citmp-server.yml thing :slight_smile:

+ Added the new default server config.

1 Like

keeps coming up with failed to start assets when i try and load into the server. im using a vps will that change anything? does gta v have to be installed on the vps? i need help please

no, having a VPS does not change anything.
no, you do not need GTA V installed on your VPS.

Whatever asset resource you are trying to load is misconfigured. Need a little bit of more info to know what is wrong. Have a look into your CitizenFX.log after you tried to connect to the server and see if you see any errors regarding that resource

Hi, does anyone have any idea how to add a vehicle such as this?
(or if it is even possible)
Heinkel 111

I tried, both using this guide and this one: https://github.com/mecwerks/fiverebornstuff/tree/master/addon-convert

The server started no problem both times but I was unable to spawn the plane in by any name (including renaming the file to “ambulance” when I followed this guide).

ok I have followed this correctly and still no luck I have deleted my server caches and aslo still no luck and don’t ask if I have two underscore before resource because I do here is how my server is set out if someone can help me that would be awesome

FXServer\serverdata\resources\emergency
in the emergency folder I have two things the stream folder and an empty __resource.lua file like said

FXServer\serverdata\resources\emergency\stream
in this stream folder I have folders like shown in this picture: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VhnFK5hWxeYbGUrvCCJrXBrNHDZsGH1M/view?usp=sharing

than in those folders I will have all the files I think are required so in the ambulance folder I have ambulance.yft, ambulance.ytd and ambulance_hi.yft please help this is the same with all the other folders but different names

Note: I did change the file names like for so ambulance.yft use to be firetruck.yft if this does effect it please let me know

Can i some how, get the .ydd and .ytd files, or does i need .ytf, for it will work?

I’ve done everything very carefully, tried your method and using an addon car installer. Every time I go to spawn them in vMenu, its says make sure content is streaming correctly. Any ideas?

can i stream my own outfit for policejob on online players? i want to have my own uniforms and the online players can take only the police guys!

how come its missing the images on the post please?

Hey, i know this is really late but for anyone else reading this. You can add .meta files where the __resource.lua file is. Make sure that in the __resource.lua it starts the file.

1 Like

Hello, I was wondering how I would add a addon car into the mellotrainer

dont use mellotrainer its very
old. I would suggest using vMenu

Is it possible we could talk on discord and u help me a little bit? Codex#8879

@Apollo0604

no sorry im busy. Dont use mello thats all i can tell you.

How do I add addons to the vmenu? @Apollo0604

go here:
D:[Development]\FXServer\cfx-server-data-master\resources\vMenu\config
then edit addons.
its pretty simple.

Yeah but what do I put into the addons part lol

Can you update these images?

3 Likes