How to ip lock my server

I’ve seen multiple Fivem servers IP blocking different countries, especially for ddos protection. For example, I have seen a lot of different servers, blocking everyone from different countries around the world except their country and if someone wants to join the server for my blocked country they have to IP unlock him. How can I do such a thing?

Sounds like they use some geo firewall. You can find more information about it by googling ‘Geo firewall’ or ‘Geo blocking’.

I know that there are several server providers that offer services like this. OVH has ddos mitigation and you can setup a firewall to restrict IP blocks. Perhaps that’s how this is being done? I’m still in alpha so I haven’t really looked at any of this yet.

hey i would love to know more if you can find anything useful please let me know :slight_smile:

Well this is going to be provider specific. I use OVH so they do automatic DDos mitigation. I know there is a firewall setting that can be used to block ips. I’m not sure the info I can give will help you unless you use OVH. I know there are specific devices/services that can be used. If you want to hit me up I can try and help you find something.

i just sent you a message

1 Like