How to get Menyoo and Client Side "Mods" Folder working?

Hello,

I need some help here.

I’ve already used the search, but i found no solution for my problem.

First of all, i really like FiveM cuz it is a really stable MP Mod and it is the only MP Mod with Traffic and Ped Spawning.

I want to play only with “my” friends, with my “own” server, local and online, i don’t want to play on other servers.

We want to play Drag Races with our “Addon Cars” :slight_smile:

So we need to get the “Mods” Folder working.

But i’ve big problems to get things like OpenIV.asi (to play with the Client Side “mods” Folder) or Menyoo working.

First of all what i’ve done so far.

I’ve created a “\plugins” folder in the “C:\Users\MyUsername\AppData\Local\FiveM\FiveM.app” Folder

I’ve removed OpenIV.asi, scripthookv.dll and Menyoo.asi from the GTA5 Folder.

I’ve copied the OpenIV.asi to the FiveM plugins folder, but when i try to start FiveM, the following Message comes up.

So i’ve tried the trick to rename OpenIV.asi to mods.asi and change also the Version Info with “Resource Hacker”.

But then this Message comes up

I’ve also tried to remove the “cache” folder and the “caches.xml” from the FiveM Folder, but with no luck…

And when i try Menyoo.asi, i get this Message

How can i get this working?

Or is it now impossible to use Menyoo and the Client Side “Mods” Folder?

It would be really awesome to use Client Side “Mods” with FiveM, i think 99% of the ppl that use FiveM want this Feature, for me it is a Dream to Play with Friends and my Addon Cars in combination with Graphic Mods like Reshade + Redux or PhotoVision :smiley:

I hope this dream will come true. :slight_smile:

Greets Philipp Fuchs

You can put graphics modifications (except “Reshade”, as there’s a bug in their code that they are refusing to fix that prevents it working with FiveM) in the citizen/common/ and citizen/platform/ folders, and car mods should be put on the server, not the client.

Also, OpenIV.asi isn’t needed except to work around OpenIV team’s ineptitude to not corrupt RPF files, anything you’d normally put in update.rpf/x64/ or x64*.rpf can go in platform, same for common, including other rpf files if you use Affix or similar to fix files that OpenIV corrupted.

Not related to this thread, but I remember getting ReShade to work a while back. Can’t get any pictures right now because by GPU is dead and I’m stuck with Intel HD Graphics, but I had gotten ReShade 3.0 and at least three presets to work.

@magnesium
So it is possible to Stream Addon Cars Server Sided?

I thought server sided it is only possible to replace existing cars with Custom Cars and not to add my own DLC’s?

Cuz i’ve my own DLC AddonPack, named “AddonPack1” with around 80 Addon Cars.

U say car mods have to be on the server side, but in which folder?

On my Server i’ve the following folders, system, cache, bin, resources and mono.

I’ve my “AddonPack1” Folder with the dlc.rpf inside, where goes this folder, do i’ve to create a “platform” folder on the server side?

And where goes the modified “dlcslist.xml”?

And what about Menyoo, is it possible to get this to work with FiveM or do i have to stick with lambda.menu?

here is what you need to get your add-ons working serverside:

and here is how to add cars to this pack:

@BaluZ
Thanks, tried this and added my whole Addon Pack with this Guide.

But when i try to spawn a addon car by Name with the Lambda Menu, then my GTA5 just closes without any error message.

Here is what the FiveM Client Log “CitizenFX.log” says

[    101078] closesocket 0x958
[    106515] coll open cache:/addonpack/aventador.ytd
[    106515] ResourceCacheDevice::EnsureFetched downloading aventador.ytd (hash 87F097C37BA172FE12EB8ABAA444F15CABA11605) from http://127.0.0.1:30120/files/addonpack/aventador.ytd
[    106515] closesocket 0x2af0
[    106515] connect 0100007f
[    106625] ResourceCacheDevice: downloaded aventador.ytd in 112 msec (size 0)
[    106875] error function called from 0x14119149a for code 0x15559348
[    107609] process exited with 34867952!

This was the YCA Aventador, i’ve also tried it with some other addon cars, but always the same error…

i think you messed with meta files. check if you don’t forget a line or something. My first attempts was also fails.
Try to re-install the addon pack first, try it ingame, see if it’s working. If yes, add a car, test, and do all the cars one by one. so this wah you know what can be the problem.
Have you deleted your server cache before test?

Yes i’ve deleted the whole “cache” Folder.

Btw, is my “_resource.lua” ok?

resource_manifest_version '77731fab-63ca-442c-a67b-abc70f28dfa5'

files {
	'vehicles.meta',
	'carvariations.meta',
	'carcols.meta',
	'handling.meta',
	'ai/vehiclelayouts.meta',
	'anim/clip_sets/clip_sets.xml',
	'caraddoncontentunlocks.meta',
	'shop_vehicle.meta',
	'weaponapache.meta',
	'weaponrah.meta'
}

data_file 'HANDLING_FILE' 'handling.meta'
data_file 'VEHICLE_METADATA_FILE' 'vehicles.meta'
data_file 'CARCOLS_FILE' 'carcols.meta'
data_file 'VEHICLE_VARIATION_FILE' 'carvariations.meta'
data_file 'VEHICLE_LAYOUTS_FILE' 'ai/vehiclelayouts.meta'
data_file 'WEAPONINFO_FILE' 'weaponapache.meta'
data_file 'WEAPONINFO_FILE' 'weaponrah.meta'
data_file 'VEHICLE_SHOP_DLC_FILE' 'shop_vehicle.meta'
data_file 'CLIP_SETS_FILE' 'anim/clip_sets/clip_sets.xml'
data_file 'CONTENT_UNLOCKING_META_FILE' 'caraddoncontentunlocks.meta'

yes it looks good. i don’t have modified this file. try to reinstall the addon pack without your addons on it. Then run the game and try to spawn a vehicle from the addon pack (like rmodskyline, rx7tunable…)
If it works, add one car, add the needed lines in carcols, carvariations, handling and vehicles.meta files. be carefull to what you add, and how you add, look the video from the tutorial i sent you. don’t forget to change ID values in carcols and carvariations (example: if you last add-on vehicle is 1007, the next one will be 1008, then 1009, 1010…)
Make all cars one by one, make a backup each you get a new car working. It’s the safest way to do. :wink:

Ok, i’ve tried it with GanjaMonsters addons pack without my own addons and it works like a charm.

I’ve checked my Carcols.meta and Carvariations.meta, and i see there is a total ID Chaos, i’ve ID’s with 135, 136, ID’s with 880, 881, ID’s with 5560, 5580 etc…

And i’ve also some duplicated ID’s.

Do u think this caused the FiveM Crash?

I will try to clean this up now, and start with 1001 and end with 1107, i hope this will fix my Problem.

1 Like

Ok, got my Addon Cars working, i’ve added them as suggested, car by car :slight_smile:

Now i will try the NaturalVision Graphics Mod, can u tell me where to put the ENB Files on the Client Side?

1 Like

I don’t know for NV graphic mod. i think it should be clientside, not sure. i don’t use it.
Nice to see that the addons cars finally working! :wink:

@Philipp_Fuchs take a look here [Release] FiveMVisuals Updated 5.19.17

Thanks for this post. After much trial and error, I was finally able to get a client side mod to load, just had to increase a pool size in the gameconfig.