[How-to] Fix Addon hats

Hey @PERPGamer , so how you do it with an addon DLC ? You said to stay tuned but it’s been 3 months since the video :man_shrugging:

Huh? I am pretty sure I explained it in the video. You need the mp_creaturemetadata_DLCNAME.ymt and then change the pedPropExpressions

was wondering if you knew the reasoning for my game crashing every time I select a male ped with vmenu to check If this actually worked. i get this error message

ERR_STR_FAILURE_3: page 0 in paged resource compcache_nb:/CustomHats/mp_creaturemetadata.ymt is over 100 MB in size (2147.48 MB), which is unsupported by RAGE.

Not sure, how many hats did you add?

Hey, so im currently doing some clothing stuff for a friend for his server that he is trying to work on. When he used GTAutil to add in a bunch of custom clothing, it made him the mp_f_freemode_01.ymt & mp_m_freemode_01.ymt files for changing the expression mods to -0.5. But he is saying that there was no type of creaturemetadata.ymt that was created. Any clue on what to do about that or where he should look? I’ll admit that I am fully new to this kind of stuff so im sorry if im not 100% clear on anything.

You’ll have to create your own creaturemetadata.ymt by just getting the default GTA 5 one and editing it

This also happened to me and there i sonly 5 add ons at the moment

Just to help anyone…if you use YMT Editor to create your own custom addon clothing, once you add some hats, If you click on the FILE tabe at the top right, same place where you open/save the YMT there is a GENERATE CREATUREMETADATA button. This will create the metadata file for any custom DLC that you make for that clothing.

Then all you have to do under each hat that you add using YMT Editor is open the View Prop Properties tab for each hat and there is an Expression Mods Row where you edit the 0.0 to -0.5

1 Like