How to edit the gameconfig file on a FiveM Server hosted with ZAP Hosting?

It’s as my title says. I know how to edit GTA V’s gameconfig file when playing in normal singleplayer, but not how to do it when it comes to server hosting on FiveM with ZAP Hosting in particular. I figure it must be some server side shenanigans I have to get into but i’ve looked at all the files I could find regarding my server on ZAP Hosting and still I was not able to locate the gameconfig file.

I added a new map mod to the game and I think it keeps crashing because i’m using the default gameconfig file with my server and I know for most map mods an expanded upon one is required. Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time!

Oh yes, and in the event I posted this question in the wrong section of the forums, then I apologize. I went with the forums topic I thought fitted my question best of all.

Your gameconfig file is under Settings>Configs in your zap account for that server.

1 Like

Interesting! So then, to add a custom gameconfig for the server, i’d have to place the gameconfig file in this section? Just making sure! Thanks for your prompt response and I look forward to your next reply!

From what I gather… that would be it. This is true as long as you have properly installed/copied the correct files in the right place. I have been kind of winging it myself. With zap-hosting most of it is GUI based which takes some of the workload.

1 Like

I see I see. Now, what if the gameconfig requires other files also get added as sort of a prerequisite in order for it to function properly? Would I drop them these other obligatory files also into the same area? Or would they be placed somewhere else? :thinking: Sorry, the gameconfig I want to use is a bit weird like that.

The best way I can explain, the gameconfig, would be to think of it as a central nervous system that pulls all the assets together to create an action in the game. I’m nowhere near qualified to drop some serious knowledge about it yet cause Im getting started with all this too. But you just have to find a way to translate the coding to something you do already that is similar and that will help with picking this stuff up.

The assets(resources) would go in the resources tab or uploaded through FTP connection to the approiate folder(s).

Yeah. I was just asking because the other stuff I would need for the gameconfig would naturally, in default GTA V, go straight into the GTA V Main Directory. So would you happen to know then what that translates to in ZAP Hosting? :thinking:

There’s no ‘editing gameconfig.xml’ on FiveM. Unlike for SP mods, FiveM uses dynamically-expanding values, so this is not likely to be a cause of crashes you’re having.

1 Like

Oh shoot, really? So a modified gameconfig wouldn’t even help? Hmm. Then do you know of anything else that could maybe help with stopping the crashes caused by the map mod or should I just uninstall it from the server altogether? :thinking:

Providing actual info as to ‘the crashes’, as well as (if needed) said map mod would.