[How-To] Add Vehicle Liveries

Due to popular demand, I’ve decided to publically release a video on how to install vehicle liveries for FiveM. Although it is incredibly simple, it dumbfounds many as to how you could accomplish this. FYI the video is kinda cringy :stuck_out_tongue:

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_roxwxj84aE

Have a great day!

7 Likes

i can do vehicle liveries for add ons that no problem…i just didnt know how to stream vanilla vehicle liveries as idk wher etf the files are in my server for the metas or anything

Elaborate on what you mean, a bit confused on whatcha mean.

1 Like

So I followed the video and i only get a black car in game.

what model are you using?

1 Like

http://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/8466-2015-dodge-charger-rt-police/

http://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/8965-erie-countyny-based-lscso-pack/

Use a template to create the livery, save it as vehicle_sign_1, vehicle_sign_2, make sure it’s a png. Then import the image into the model file. Save it, there you go, change your livery with Lambda or Simple Trainer.

Now for a bit more difficulty, how would one access additional Liveries without a mod menu, but through LsCustoms, i suppose the pipeline isn’t so different

You’d have to ask the person that made the scripts.

While we’re here, what do you need to do to add more liveries than the model originally came with?

2 Likes

I also would like to add additional liveries to the stock gta v vehicles. <3

1 Like

As in I have all the vehicles.meta, handling.meta, carcols.meta, and carvariations.meta in place in a data folder, with a __resource.lua set up properly with proper references. I also have the stream folder in place with the two yft and 2 ytd files, but the HotRing does NOT have normal liveries, they have liveries in the mod menu, seperate from the normal menu.

This means I need to know how to convert a .dds to a .yft in a way that inserts the texture into the model properly if that makes any sense. <3

2 Likes

I get where you’re going, but the vehicle liveries are stored in the .ytd files, not the .yft files. So if you wanted to convert the dds to the ytd, it’s simple.

Open up OpenIV
enter Edit mode
open the ytd file you want to modify
Click Import
Select the dds file you want to use (try to keep it the same name as one you want to replace inside the ytd file)
once the file has been imported, it replaces the original in the ytd file.
click save to compile your new ytd file
copy the ytd file from OpenIV to your desktop
Copy ytd file on desktop to vehicle stream folder.
There ya go!

1 Like

I understand how to do livery swaps for normal liveries, but this is the hotring liveries, which are stored as hidden 2d textures inside the vehicle model as a yft. Reason is for the “Mod shop” liveries, which are different from the normal liveries.

Thanks for the info either way though. WIthout Z Modeler, apparently modding a yft. isn’t possible, even if it just is a simple 2D texture. :confused:

Sorry I couldn’t help. Didn’t realize that those textures are hidden in the yft files. I’ve only added liveries for vehicles on my own server through the ytd files, but hey you learn something new every day!

How i change using cosmetics?

Like i have 3 liveries on my mod car?

How to make selectable liveries in Cosmetics?

1 Like

Here is the vanilla templates:

1 Like

did you figure a way to do this at all? :smiley:
I am trying to do the same to add more realism to my server but I am not having much luck. I replaced the mule livery with a custom made one and changed the designs with custom pngs, but it only will display the first livery and it pops up everywhere in my server ;(

I’m not sure if you or anyone can give me an exact answer, but is there a such thing as too many liveries on one spawn code? Or is it based on the size of the files?