[How-To] Add-on Vehicles (Detailed)

If I buy the server will u help me with everything like to add police etc cars etc n how much is it pls

Question were can i find the mod kit id im trying to find it for the policeb but dont know were to get it

witch is the best size for add on veh mod if i want to change texture quallity? to make server better perfomance?

Trying to install this car onto my server, after unpacking some basic resources and configuring __resource.lua with meta files i’ve got Failed to parse resources:/vaz210306/vehicles.meta in rage::parManager::LoadFromStructure(const char*, …). Make sure this is a well-formed XML/PSO file. error. XML syntax checked, its correct, difference between worked xml file without design (construction) form difference except internal field values, what i’am doing wrong?vehicles.meta (5.3 KB)

i donwload a car and it only has a dlc.rpf file, can i extract the .ytd ?

You have to open the dlc.rpf with Open IV

thank you i see a tutorial , i was wondering if casuallly you have some experiencie with drift car

I might be a tad late on this post but i was wondering if anyone here knew the issue, for some weird ass reason whenever i try to add a converted add on car it doesn’t work, when you type the spawn code it doesn’t say the spawn code doesn’t exist but the car never spawns. I’m almost 100% sure that I’m converting them correctly and am out of ideas on how to fix this

To clarify, the cars do work on my localhost just fine but not on my main server

I’m trying to install this Audi RS7 and it has mods available. I have tried both, using a __resource.lua as well as a fxmanifest.lua, both didn’t change anything.

I am using vMenu to spawn the vehicles in and so far I have installed multiple vehicles and usually I do quite well at such problems, but for some reason I can not get this one RS7 to work with the mods.

In the carcols.meta I have changed the <kitName>...</kitName> value from 789 to 1008 and also in the carvariations.meta changed the <kits><Item>...</Item></kits> value from 789 to 1008.

That didn’t work so I also changed the <id value="421" /> to “1008” which also didn’t work. I then changed every “789” to 1008 and every “421” to 1008 as well, I then tried different values that have been mentioned in this thread which also didn’t work.

I should mention that every single time I have changed anything, I fully turned off my local server and cleared the cache.

The car always spawns in fine, it’s just never showing anything in vMenu. And yes, other cars do work with modifications.

rs7.zip (21.4 MB)
Here is a working version that i converted. mods with label names, also added 4 liveries, compare the .metas to figure out what i did differently.

Also i highly recommend resizing the 200 textures in the .ytd if you plan on putting this on a live server

For easily getting mod label names you can use this tool i made: https://github.com/FrazzIe/gxt2lua/releases

Frazzle to the rescue! I will definitely compare them to find out what you did differently, thank you very much. I will resize the textures, no problem with that at all. The tool you’ve linked looks very nice, will definitely try that out.

Update: I have compared the .meta files and understood them more now, so I believe I’ve got that sorted now. The only problem is that without the actual streamed files that you’ve provided, no mods work as well. I have tried the rs7.ytd only since it contains the liveries, and then those worked, but to no surprise because the actual liveries weren’t in yet. The mods however didn’t work as well, only after I used the ones you provided. Am I missing something? I have compared them in size and the size is exactly the same, down to the single byte.

So when I generate the hash for the vehicle names, sometimes it produces the exact same hash for different vehicles, is this meant to happen?
For example a 2006 CVPI and 2020 Explorer are both ‘0x5D0B86E5’

Hi, I have a problem: when I go to LSC or Benny’s with some vehicles, I have all tuning mods. This don’t happen with others, where I can install only some of all tuning parts of the vehicle or I have tuning categories without tuning parts. What should I do?

if someone can help me setup a server (add cars, and some other addons)i will pay u from 10-20 dollars

How do I use clip set

I’m Having an Issue when i go into my Server and try to spawn a vehicle the BAT will find the resource and say it is started, but when i go into the server and attempt to search for the vehicle in add-ons it is not there. Also when i try to use the spawn code i get an error saying that there isnt a spawn code for the model.

How can I put an engine sound in a addon car in fivem?. 'cause I have an addon car but this car has a custom engine sound and I doesn’t know how to put the engine sound in fivem.

Can anyone tell me why this has happened?

Thanks so much! How to reduce the engine levels tho? For example if it has 6 engines can I reduce them to 4 engines upgrades? Thanks