How many resources is too many + will combining cars help

Serious question:

• How many resources is too many?

• Does the total number of resources even matter at all? (if CPU msec is well under 1ms for all of them, few are 0.3 ms, most max 0.05 ms, and only vMenu has 0.7-0.8 ms)

• What if I have a lot of addon cars in and they all got separate resource (eg. 100 cars = 100 resources) Does it make any sense to put all addon cars in one (or at least fewer) resource/s in attempt to make the total number of resources go down?

• Context: TxAdmin complaining about “very high” number of resources. (I have 300)

Sorry for question that was probably answered a lot before but I couldn’t really find good answer on other threads myself. I’m really curious if the total number of resources really means anything, I see servers with 600-800 resources running and they have no issues.

The maximum amount of resources you can have is 1500, however you probably don’t want to go that high.

Streaming a lot of car is fine as long as none of them is abysmally large. I believe that merging all of your cars addon could decrease the loading time (couldn’t verify that information).

Merging regular resources is pointless unless you try to reduce overall natives calls.

Once my server gets to about 320 resources, it crashes everyone who joins. We can remove a random resource then it will work fine, but if we add another one it will crash again. Not sure why this is

2 Likes

Combining custom cars into one resource is a must imo. Saves you a lot of ‘resource space’ and loading time.
Back in the days, when I just started my first FiveM server, I had around 440ish resources when players started crashing instead of joining.

I would really suggest staying beneith 220/240 resources, but thats purely a personal thing.

Definitely combining cars, pack as much as you can into 1 resource (especially civilian ones), here is a tool and a tutorial how to do it, but be careful and follow all the steps

1 Like

Thank you guys for the wise words and the tutorial on merging as well, that will save me a LOT of time!!!

Do you guys know if the limit is still 1500 as of 2022? I certainly have hit the limit, I believe. Because if I turn on any more resources it will automatically give a CExtraContentWrapper error. Doesn’t matter which resource I turn on either.

We’ve got a lot of resources, but its just separate cars mostly. Frankly the loading time is still under 2-3 minutes for me with pretty much 1500 resources on the server. I hear people talking about how you shouldn’t have over 300. But frankly, its made no difference. Everything is optimized in terms of metas and things. If you for instance load a pack of cars as one resource. The pack of cars contains 100 vehicles say. When you load the resource - you are still loading all 100 cars lol. On the front end it might look like 1 resource but in the backend on the server you’re still loading them all anyways. If you watch your server startup it barely makes a difference. Maybe a few ms of load in time but all that work combining them for that seems pointless.

1 Like

i would also suggest you to merge maps here is a fine tool to do the job:

1 Like