How do i pack singleplayer custom car sounds in a way i can use them on the server?

Im trying to find out how i can make sounds form a singleplayer pack fivem kompatible help woud be appreciated :slight_smile:

I have the following sounds:
.dat10
.dat151
.dat43

.dat10.nametable
.dat151.nametable
.dat43.nametable

.dat10.rel
.dat151.rel
.dat43.rel

.dat10.rel.xml
.dat151.rel.xml
.dat43.rel.xml

I’ll try to help, here’s how I do it:
When you go in the car’s files where the sounds are, you’ll often find it with this structure:
(folder) config: in which you will find the files you mentioned.
(folder) sfx: in which you will find another folder with a name like “dlc_carname”, inside it you will find awc files.

So what to do with all those folders and files??
First off, let’s start by creating the structure of our “customsounds” resource:

1. Create a folder called “customsounds”
  2. Inside that folder create a folder called “sfx” and a folder called “config”.
  3. Create a text document called fxmanifest.lua, and inside copy and paste this down:
fx_version "adamant"
game "gta5"
author 'ma-T-o'
description 'Custom Audio Manifest'
version '0.5'

files {
  "config/*.dat151.rel",
  "config/*.dat54.rel",
  "config/*.dat10.rel",
  "config/*.dat.rel",
  "sfx/**/*.awc"
}

--[[ Custom sound example structure:
data_file "AUDIO_SYNTHDATA" "config/model_amp.dat"
data_file "AUDIO_GAMEDATA" "config/model_game.dat"
data_file "AUDIO_SOUNDDATA" "config/model_sounds.dat"
data_file "AUDIO_WAVEPACK" "sfx/dlc_model" ]]
  1. Get the files from the car audio you want, drag and drop ALL the .dat files inside the “config” folder.
  2. Drag and drop “dlc_carname” inside the “sfx” folder.
  3. Once all files have been dragged and dropped, you need to edit the FX manifest:
    Let’s say we have a car that is called “car1” and has all the files possible (meaning amp.dat, game.dat, sounds.dat and dlc_model):
-- car1 (you can add this if you like to have all sounds ordered by car name)
data_file "AUDIO_SYNTHDATA" "config/car1_amp.dat"
data_file "AUDIO_GAMEDATA" "config/car1_game.dat"
data_file "AUDIO_SOUNDDATA" "config/car1_sounds.dat"
data_file "AUDIO_WAVEPACK" "sfx/dlc_car1"

Once this has been done, you can save the file and restart the resource in your server, the sounds should be working!
Warning:
Some sounds files will have different names than the car (the car could be called “car1” and the files “car11” so you would need to put in the fxmanifest that name). They also can have different names between the dlc_carname file and the .dat files so be aware of that too.

When adding the sounds in the fxmanifest, beware that if one of the files you are referencing is missing (meaning not exisiting in your folders), the game will crash on joining the server. So to avoid that, if for example the car sounds don’t have amp.dat files, you just have to erase that line in the fxmanifest for that car.
On this same topic, always remember to remove referenced files in fxmanifest, if you remove those files because you don’t want that car anymore.

I hope I helped! And don’t hesitate to ask more questions if you have any problem!

1 Like