How do i connect aa server to an FTP browser (FileZilla)?

So me and some friends have a server and we dont use Zap-Hosting. But is there any way to connect our server to an FTP browser, although we have a home-hosted server? I´ve been googling a bit but had no Success. Please help my with this as it’s a pretty big problem for me and my friends.

You will need to install an FTP server on the host machine, and then port forward port 21/tcp.

Please take the time to not use FTP. It’s an insecure and dated protocol. Use SFTP instead, which will function essentially the same but is encrypted. For SFTP, you will port forward port 22/tcp.

Once you do that and have the (S)FTP server setup, you can give your friends your external IP address and they can connect via an (S)FTP client, like FileZilla.

Thanks man for the quick response! I will try this out.

This might be a good guide, or at least a good starting point, assuming it’s a Windows server.

https://winscp.net/eng/docs/guide_windows_openssh_server

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a windows server.

Do take care when setting up a file transfer server. Using strong passwords (or even better, public key) is essential. Bots attempt to bruteforce passwords and use weak passwords literally all day long. If an attacker gains access, they will have access to at least part of your computer. Be conscious with permissions as well.